Closed

FS: Williams Defender, weird cp-proto? ( New Monitor)

Thought I would post, before it goes the way of epay.
Have a Williams Defender for sale. The monitor has just been replaced
with a Happ vision pro. The control panel is not the usual, but had an
educated tech over and he confirmed that it is not a cheap repro
either.. am not one to throw out the word proto but it seems that I
have no other way to describe. Cab has the normal scuffs and marks
associated with a game from the 1980's.Bottom has rough edges. The
bottom front has slight swelling.Manuals included
Game is located in Bethlehem,PA, 18020 (20 minutes away from the
upcoming Allentown pinball show). Really not willing to send out tons
of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only.
First $675 takes it.
Thanks,
Rich
14 answers Last reply
More about williams defender weird proto monitor

    if youre not willing to send out pics, please post them, otherwise
    youll have a difficult time selling any game
  2. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Appreciate the advice...
    "Really not willing to send out tons
    of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only"
    -thought this was self-explanatory..
  3. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Thank you...
    Pics were sent to all...I hope they went through...
  4. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    What I think he was saying is that there really is no easy way to guage
    interest unless we see pics... to do that we would inundate you which is not
    what you want.

    <windtunnel@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > Appreciate the advice...
    > "Really not willing to send out tons
    > of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only"
    > -thought this was self-explanatory..

  5. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Well if you can't post pics, and really only want to send pics to serious
    buyers, can you at least describe to us what is different about the control
    panel?

    Joe joemagiera at ameritech dot net
    joemagiera@ameritech.net

    > Thought I would post, before it goes the way of epay.
    > Have a Williams Defender for sale. The monitor has just been replaced
    > with a Happ vision pro. The control panel is not the usual, but had an
    > educated tech over and he confirmed that it is not a cheap repro
    > either.. am not one to throw out the word proto but it seems that I
    > have no other way to describe. Cab has the normal scuffs and marks
    > associated with a game from the 1980's.Bottom has rough edges. The
    > bottom front has slight swelling.Manuals included
    > Game is located in Bethlehem,PA, 18020 (20 minutes away from the
    > upcoming Allentown pinball show). Really not willing to send out tons
    > of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only.
    > First $675 takes it.
    > Thanks,
    > Rich
  6. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I appreciate the offer...I tried to access the link to no avail...
    It says "forbidden"
  7. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    The letters are:
    copyright MBCC 1981
    1-317-848-2033
    Indpls,In

    Weird that it would be an aftermarket repro the same year it was
    made???

    Yes , absolutely a Defender boardset
  8. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    I have a free domain that people can use to host their for sale pics, etc.
    This way you only have to send them out once, and anyone can see them. The
    address is www.arcadepics.com

    You can upload pics via ftp at: ftp.arcadepics.com
    username: arcade
    password: arcade

    note, it may take up to 24 hrs for the domain to be seen by everyone

    "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > What I think he was saying is that there really is no easy way to guage
    > interest unless we see pics... to do that we would inundate you which is
    > not what you want.
    >
    > <windtunnel@verizon.net> wrote in message
    >> Appreciate the advice...
    >> "Really not willing to send out tons
    >> of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only"
    >> -thought this was self-explanatory..

  9. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Yeah, it might take a day for it to propogate. You should be able to access
    it tomorrow.

    >I appreciate the offer...I tried to access the link to no avail...
    > It says "forbidden"

  10. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    chuk.

    if you're running on a linux server (PHP) you might want to just run a
    generic setup of 4images
    example here... http://demo.4homepages.de/?l=english

    pretty easy to setup and you can set it to alow everyone to upload images
    without registering.

    i set one of these up and it wasn't too bad.
    i also think there's an easier one to set up but don't have the name for it
    offhand.

    just an idea.

    k.

    "Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
    > I have a free domain that people can use to host their for sale pics, etc.
    > This way you only have to send them out once, and anyone can see them.
    The
    > address is www.arcadepics.com
    >
    > You can upload pics via ftp at: ftp.arcadepics.com
    > username: arcade
    > password: arcade
    >
    > note, it may take up to 24 hrs for the domain to be seen by everyone
    >

    > "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > > What I think he was saying is that there really is no easy way to guage
    > > interest unless we see pics... to do that we would inundate you which is
    > > not what you want.
    > >
    > > <windtunnel@verizon.net> wrote in message
    > >> Appreciate the advice...
    > >> "Really not willing to send out tons
    > >> of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only"
    > >> -thought this was self-explanatory..

  11. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Thanks for the pic. You're right, that is a Defender CPO I've never seen
    before. Interesting. However, wouldn't the lower right corner give an
    indication that it's an aftermarket repro? I can't read all the letters,
    but it looks like "M&CC" in Indianapolis. Nothing to do with Williams
    there. Is it a regular Defender boardset? I wonder why the typical front
    plexi is missing? Sorry I can't post the pic for all, my server appears to
    be screwed up right now.

    Joe

    "27" <jetrocket27@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > Thank you...
    > Pics were sent to all...I hope they went through...

  12. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    which rev?

    > The letters are:
    > copyright MBCC 1981
    > 1-317-848-2033
    > Indpls,In
    >
    > Weird that it would be an aftermarket repro the same year it was
    > made???
    >
    > Yes , absolutely a Defender boardset

  13. Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.marketplace (More info?)

    Shoot, I replied to that and don't even remember it coming up. Still
    would like to see a photo.

    Pat D.

    mikesarcade@comcast.net wrote:
    > This has come up before.