FS: Williams Defender, weird cp-proto? ( New Monitor)

Last response: in Deals
a b C Monitor
April 3, 2005 10:52:31 AM

Thought I would post, before it goes the way of epay.
Have a Williams Defender for sale. The monitor has just been replaced
with a Happ vision pro. The control panel is not the usual, but had an
educated tech over and he confirmed that it is not a cheap repro
either.. am not one to throw out the word proto but it seems that I
have no other way to describe. Cab has the normal scuffs and marks
associated with a game from the 1980's.Bottom has rough edges. The
bottom front has slight swelling.Manuals included
Game is located in Bethlehem,PA, 18020 (20 minutes away from the
upcoming Allentown pinball show). Really not willing to send out tons
of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only.
First $675 takes it.
Thanks,
Rich
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 3, 2005 10:59:06 AM

if youre not willing to send out pics, please post them, otherwise
youll have a difficult time selling any game
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 3, 2005 11:04:48 AM

Appreciate the advice...
"Really not willing to send out tons
of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only"
-thought this was self-explanatory..
Related resources
April 3, 2005 3:51:09 PM

Thank you...
Pics were sent to all...I hope they went through...
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 3, 2005 8:50:43 PM

What I think he was saying is that there really is no easy way to guage
interest unless we see pics... to do that we would inundate you which is not
what you want.

<windtunnel@verizon.net> wrote in message
> Appreciate the advice...
> "Really not willing to send out tons
> of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only"
> -thought this was self-explanatory..

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 3, 2005 9:30:25 PM

Well if you can't post pics, and really only want to send pics to serious
buyers, can you at least describe to us what is different about the control
panel?

Joe joemagiera at ameritech dot net
joemagiera@ameritech.net

> Thought I would post, before it goes the way of epay.
> Have a Williams Defender for sale. The monitor has just been replaced
> with a Happ vision pro. The control panel is not the usual, but had an
> educated tech over and he confirmed that it is not a cheap repro
> either.. am not one to throw out the word proto but it seems that I
> have no other way to describe. Cab has the normal scuffs and marks
> associated with a game from the 1980's.Bottom has rough edges. The
> bottom front has slight swelling.Manuals included
> Game is located in Bethlehem,PA, 18020 (20 minutes away from the
> upcoming Allentown pinball show). Really not willing to send out tons
> of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only.
> First $675 takes it.
> Thanks,
> Rich
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 3, 2005 9:58:45 PM

I appreciate the offer...I tried to access the link to no avail...
It says "forbidden"
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 3, 2005 10:04:39 PM

The letters are:
copyright MBCC 1981
1-317-848-2033
Indpls,In

Weird that it would be an aftermarket repro the same year it was
made???

Yes , absolutely a Defender boardset
Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 3, 2005 11:39:54 PM

I have a free domain that people can use to host their for sale pics, etc.
This way you only have to send them out once, and anyone can see them. The
address is www.arcadepics.com

You can upload pics via ftp at: ftp.arcadepics.com
username: arcade
password: arcade

note, it may take up to 24 hrs for the domain to be seen by everyone

"Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:D 9V3e.10403$db.977@trndny07...
> What I think he was saying is that there really is no easy way to guage
> interest unless we see pics... to do that we would inundate you which is
> not what you want.
>
> <windtunnel@verizon.net> wrote in message
>> Appreciate the advice...
>> "Really not willing to send out tons
>> of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only"
>> -thought this was self-explanatory..

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 4, 2005 1:10:57 AM

Yeah, it might take a day for it to propogate. You should be able to access
it tomorrow.

>I appreciate the offer...I tried to access the link to no avail...
> It says "forbidden"

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 4, 2005 1:15:49 AM

chuk.

if you're running on a linux server (PHP) you might want to just run a
generic setup of 4images
example here... http://demo.4homepages.de/?l=english

pretty easy to setup and you can set it to alow everyone to upload images
without registering.

i set one of these up and it wasn't too bad.
i also think there's an easier one to set up but don't have the name for it
offhand.

just an idea.

k.

"Chuk" <chuk@ourcade.com> wrote in message
> I have a free domain that people can use to host their for sale pics, etc.
> This way you only have to send them out once, and anyone can see them.
The
> address is www.arcadepics.com
>
> You can upload pics via ftp at: ftp.arcadepics.com
> username: arcade
> password: arcade
>
> note, it may take up to 24 hrs for the domain to be seen by everyone
>

> "Steve Muccione" <home*DOT*muccione@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:D 9V3e.10403$db.977@trndny07...
> > What I think he was saying is that there really is no easy way to guage
> > interest unless we see pics... to do that we would inundate you which is
> > not what you want.
> >
> > <windtunnel@verizon.net> wrote in message
> >> Appreciate the advice...
> >> "Really not willing to send out tons
> >> of pics .Please,limit email to serious inquiries only"
> >> -thought this was self-explanatory..

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 4, 2005 4:27:07 AM

Thanks for the pic. You're right, that is a Defender CPO I've never seen
before. Interesting. However, wouldn't the lower right corner give an
indication that it's an aftermarket repro? I can't read all the letters,
but it looks like "M&CC" in Indianapolis. Nothing to do with Williams
there. Is it a regular Defender boardset? I wonder why the typical front
plexi is missing? Sorry I can't post the pic for all, my server appears to
be screwed up right now.

Joe

"27" <jetrocket27@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Thank you...
> Pics were sent to all...I hope they went through...

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 4, 2005 2:30:49 PM

which rev?

> The letters are:
> copyright MBCC 1981
> 1-317-848-2033
> Indpls,In
>
> Weird that it would be an aftermarket repro the same year it was
> made???
>
> Yes , absolutely a Defender boardset

Anonymous
a b C Monitor
April 6, 2005 8:31:38 PM

Shoot, I replied to that and don't even remember it coming up. Still
would like to see a photo.

Pat D.

!