Winamp chews cpu after a few days

Hey,

I boot up, run winamp and its cpu load is below 10%, but only before
24 hours of boot time. After a day or two, it IS chewing 50-90 percent
usually. A reboot fixes this. Closing all active programs thus freeing
virtual doesn't do the trick, which you might expect.

Now, It's not just winamp acting up, other programs are too greedy
aswell.

Is this a general problem, or is it just my box? As I only have one
notebook, I can't compare to anything else. However, I do know a fresh
install doesn't suffer as much.

Use foobar. Beats Winamp sound output quality hands down, esp with the
kernel streaming. nice !

=bob=

"controlit" <lit@hush.com> wrote in message
> Hey,
>
> I boot up, run winamp and its cpu load is below 10%, but only before
> 24 hours of boot time. After a day or two, it IS chewing 50-90 percent
> usually. A reboot fixes this. Closing all active programs thus freeing
> virtual doesn't do the trick, which you might expect.
>
> Now, It's not just winamp acting up, other programs are too greedy
> aswell.
>
> Is this a general problem, or is it just my box? As I only have one
> notebook, I can't compare to anything else. However, I do know a fresh
> install doesn't suffer as much.

I'm not looking for a replacement to winamp. My problemo was with any damn
dsound and dshow program.

I'll give your foo a shot, though.