trying to boot from cd

I recently aquired a copy of xp pro 64 bit edition. The installation asks me
to boot from my cd. Went into my bios and set my cd rom as my primary boot
device. However the cd is not being read. Did i do something wrong?
2 answers Last reply
More about trying boot

    If you have an ISO image, you cannot install
    Windows XP directly from an ISO image. You need
    to make a bootable CD using a program such as Nero
    or another third-party CD burning program.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Nick" wrote:

    | I recently aquired a copy of xp pro 64 bit edition. The installation asks me
    | to boot from my cd. Went into my bios and set my cd rom as my primary boot
    | device. However the cd is not being read. Did i do something wrong?

    Is it a bootleg copy????

    "Nick" <Nick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I recently aquired a copy of xp pro 64 bit edition. The installation asks
    >me
    > to boot from my cd. Went into my bios and set my cd rom as my primary boot
    > device. However the cd is not being read. Did i do something wrong?

Boot CD-Rom Windows XP