trying to boot from cd

July 14, 2005 10:07:05 AM

I recently aquired a copy of xp pro 64 bit edition. The installation asks me
to boot from my cd. Went into my bios and set my cd rom as my primary boot
device. However the cd is not being read. Did i do something wrong?

More about : boot

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 12:29:18 PM

If you have an ISO image, you cannot install
Windows XP directly from an ISO image. You need
to make a bootable CD using a program such as Nero
or another third-party CD burning program.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Nick" wrote:

| I recently aquired a copy of xp pro 64 bit edition. The installation asks me
| to boot from my cd. Went into my bios and set my cd rom as my primary boot
| device. However the cd is not being read. Did i do something wrong?
July 14, 2005 1:18:31 PM

Is it a bootleg copy????

!