sp2 and firewall

July 14, 2005 6:36:31 PM

My firewall settings are greyed out and a banner says some functions
controlled by group policy but I have a home computer and no network
administrator. I tried resetting the firewall setting and it didnt seem to
work.Thanks Peter

More about : sp2 firewall

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 6:36:32 PM

Where did you buy this computer?

--
Ted Zieglar
"You can do it if you try."

"news.verizon.net" <pjg@verizon.net> wrote in message
news:p LuBe.5916$Om4.2094@trndny07...
> My firewall settings are greyed out and a banner says some functions
> controlled by group policy but I have a home computer and no network
> administrator. I tried resetting the firewall setting and it didnt seem to
> work.Thanks Peter

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 6:36:32 PM

With administrative rights run gpedit.msc (Start -> Run -> gpedit.msc). The
settings for the firewall are under Computer Configuration -> Administrative
Templates -> Network -> Network Connections -> Windows Firewall.

"news.verizon.net" wrote:

> My firewall settings are greyed out and a banner says some functions
> controlled by group policy but I have a home computer and no network
> administrator. I tried resetting the firewall setting and it didnt seem to
> work.Thanks Peter

July 14, 2005 7:59:05 PM

Actually an online auction but I reformated the hard drive, it has a network
service boot selection in the bios startup screen .
> Where did you buy this computer?
>
> --
> Ted Zieglar
> "You can do it if you try."
>
> "news.verizon.net" <pjg@verizon.net> wrote in message
> news:p LuBe.5916$Om4.2094@trndny07...
>> My firewall settings are greyed out and a banner says some functions
>> controlled by group policy but I have a home computer and no network
>> administrator. I tried resetting the firewall setting and it didnt seem
>> work.Thanks Peter

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 3:24:13 AM

XP Home or Pro?