wireless indicator light goes out

gary

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

I recently installed XP professional. Ever since my wireless indicator light
goes out but the wireless connnection is still working. If I reboot the
light will be there but once I log out it stays off even when I log back on.
Also when I try to use internet explorer I will get the message use off line
or retry. When I click retry it works. Why is this happening? If never did
with the home edition. Is there a way to fix these things?

GTS

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2003

What wireless light. On a laptop with built in wireless? On a laptop
PCMCIA card? On a USB external card on a desktop? We're not mind readers.

In any case, I would uninstall the wireless device and reinstall it with the
latest driver. This sounds like an issue with the WNIC or driver.