Help with Gladiac GeForce 2 GTS on EQ, GOING NUTS!

G

I'm going absolutely insane! I recently upgraded my computer and I'm now using: An Asus motherboard, an Xwave 6000 sound card, a GeForce 2 GTS video card, an 800 mhz EB pentium 3 processor, and a generic 56k modem. I have 96 megs of RAM on my system.
I'm trying to play a game called Everquest (abbreviated to EQ for means of this post) which is in a 3D first person perspective. While playing the game I get continuous "flickers" on my monitor while the background of the game's 3D environment continuously blips in front of the actual ground....in other words, if the moon is just below the horizon and the game sky is purple because of the time of day, then the purple sky and the moon flash randomly in front of the ground and hills which I'm walking around on.
I've been trying to get a response for 2 weeks about this problem and still have nothing, after contacting the company who runs the game as well as tech support for a number of my system's components. I've gotten nothing.
Now HERE'S the interesting part- EQ has a tutorial based on the same engine (although it runs easier than the real game), and the tutorial runs fine. I wouldn't think anything of this BUT when I connect to the internet and turn on the tutorial (which I did just as an experiment) then the same thing happens.
This is driving me nuts and all I want to do is play the damn game...I payed $500 to upgrade this system and now it doesn't even work for one of the main things I run my computer for.
By the way, I connect to the internet through Earthlink. My modem does have problems maintaining a decent connection since it's basically a piece of crap but it doesn't seem like that could be causing a screen flicker- I don't think it has a thing to do with the video card.
I'm using the Detonator 3 version 6.5 driver for my Geforce card.
That's all I can think of- please help, I'm goin nuts!!