Keyboard help

I am the queen of the keyboard but am stuck on how to perform certain tasks.
Does anyone know what is the keyboard shortcut for the equivalent of the
right-hand click of a mouse on a icon. And also how on my desktop can I
access the right-hand side of my taskbar (I think it is called). It
contains my antivirus, internet connection, windows message icon etc.
thanks in advance

***Its not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin the carry you off
in***
4 answers Last reply
More about keyboard help

    go to start/run, and type:

    HH ms-its:%windir%\Help\keyshort.chm::/keys_general.htm

    Tab to the chosen object, (spacebar selects, if necessary), press shift-F10 for the context menu

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "auntie_biotic" <auntie_biotic@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:uescUtIiFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
    >I am the queen of the keyboard but am stuck on how to perform certain tasks. Does anyone know what is the keyboard shortcut for the
    >equivalent of the right-hand click of a mouse on a icon. And also how on my desktop can I access the right-hand side of my taskbar
    >(I think it is called). It contains my antivirus, internet connection, windows message icon etc.
    > thanks in advance
    >

    > ***Its not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin the carry you off in***

    Select the icon then SHIFT + F10 to get the right click menu.

    SHIFT + F10 Displays the shortcut menu for the selected item.

    The right hand side (by the clock) of the taskbar is called the Notification
    Area.

    Tab key and Arrow keys. You have to use the Tab key to get into the
    Notification Area then the Arrow keys to move to each item.

    Windows keyboard shortcuts overview
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/keys_general.mspx

    List of the keyboard shortcuts that are available in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;301583

    Additional Keyboard Shortcuts...

    Internet Explorer Keyboard Shortcuts
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;306832

    WD97: Keyboard Shortcuts for Word 97
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;157935

    List of the keyboard shortcuts for Word 2000
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;211982

    List of keyboard shortcuts for Word 2002
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290938

    Works 6: Standard Keyboard Shortcuts for Works Word Processor
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;270893
    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:uescUtIiFHA.3436@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl,
    auntie_biotic <auntie_biotic@nowhere.com> hunted and pecked:
    > I am the queen of the keyboard but am stuck on how to perform certain
    > tasks. Does anyone know what is the keyboard shortcut for the equivalent
    > of the right-hand click of a mouse on a icon. And also how on my desktop
    > can I access the right-hand side of my taskbar (I think it is called).
    > It contains my antivirus, internet connection, windows message icon etc.
    > thanks in advance
    >

    > ***Its not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin the carry you
    > off in***

    The shortcut for the right click is the key with the menu and pointer
    picture to the right of the spacebar, on some laptops it is up the top right

    To access the system tray use the tab key to move the focus to it, once
    inside use the arrow key to move left and right through the icons.

    Regards
    Mark Dormer

    "auntie_biotic" <auntie_biotic@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >I am the queen of the keyboard but am stuck on how to perform certain
    >tasks. Does anyone know what is the keyboard shortcut for the equivalent of
    >the right-hand click of a mouse on a icon. And also how on my desktop can
    >I access the right-hand side of my taskbar (I think it is called). It
    >contains my antivirus, internet connection, windows message icon etc.
    > thanks in advance
    >

    > ***Its not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin the carry you
    > off in***

    Thanks very much a great help.

    "Mark Dormer" <markd@mvpsx.org> wrote in message
    > The shortcut for the right click is the key with the menu and pointer
    > picture to the right of the spacebar, on some laptops it is up the top
    > right
    >
    > To access the system tray use the tab key to move the focus to it, once
    > inside use the arrow key to move left and right through the icons.
    >
    > Regards
    > Mark Dormer
    >
    > "auntie_biotic" <auntie_biotic@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    >>I am the queen of the keyboard but am stuck on how to perform certain
    >>tasks. Does anyone know what is the keyboard shortcut for the equivalent
    >>of the right-hand click of a mouse on a icon. And also how on my desktop
    >>can I access the right-hand side of my taskbar (I think it is called).
    >>It contains my antivirus, internet connection, windows message icon etc.
    >> thanks in advance
    >>

    >> ***Its not the cough that carries you off, its the coffin the carry you
    >> off in***

Keyboards Windows XP