Can not right click inside anything

Everytime I right click something inside a window my system frezzes and I
have to use alt+ctrl+del, I can right click on some items but not in a window
- so that I can create a new file etc. Why is this? Thank you for your help

Perry
4 answers Last reply
More about click inside anything

    Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

    Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

    Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
    Windows XP SP2
    http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:899B3018-3EBF-4BB7-AB0E-085F37554E40@microsoft.com,
    Perry Mason <Perry Mason@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Everytime I right click something inside a window my system frezzes and I
    > have to use alt+ctrl+del, I can right click on some items but not in a
    > window - so that I can create a new file etc. Why is this? Thank you for
    > your help
    >
    > Perry

    I'm sorry but none of this has helped. Its everytime I right click in a
    window that I get an hour glass and nothing happens.

    "Perry Mason" <PerryMason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm sorry but none of this has helped. Its everytime I right click in a
    > window that I get an hour glass and nothing happens.

    Perry you'r lucky. I can right click and left click. The problem is my
    mouse only moves up and down and if I use a circular movement for over a
    minute it moves about one pixel to left or right. At present I am doing
    everything via keyboard

    I have uninstalled and reinstalled mouse and driver
    Open and cleaned mouse, (mouse is rollerball)
    Tried two different mice at different ports
    Ran anti virus
    Defraged my computer
    Freed up disk space
    Even opened computer with was loaded with dust and cleaned inside

    Mouse is just the same. I would have thought Win XP Pro could solve problem
    via help but nothing seems to work. Looks like I,m stuck

    >> but none of this has helped.

    That's a poor feedback IMO.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "Perry Mason" <PerryMason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I'm sorry but none of this has helped. Its everytime I right click in a
    > window that I get an hour glass and nothing happens.
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
    >>
    >> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
    >>
    >> Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
    >> Windows XP SP2
    >> http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:899B3018-3EBF-4BB7-AB0E-085F37554E40@microsoft.com,
    >> Perry Mason <Perry Mason@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >> > Everytime I right click something inside a window my system frezzes and
    >> > have to use alt+ctrl+del, I can right click on some items but not in a
    >> > window - so that I can create a new file etc. Why is this? Thank you
    >> > for
    >> > your help
    >> >
    >> > Perry

Support Microsoft Windows XP