Can not right click inside anything

July 14, 2005 12:48:02 PM

Everytime I right click something inside a window my system frezzes and I
have to use alt+ctrl+del, I can right click on some items but not in a window
- so that I can create a new file etc. Why is this? Thank you for your help

Perry

More about : click inside

Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:04:51 PM

Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers

Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm

Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
Windows XP SP2
http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:899B3018-3EBF-4BB7-AB0E-085F37554E40@microsoft.com,
Perry Mason <Perry Mason@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Everytime I right click something inside a window my system frezzes and I
> have to use alt+ctrl+del, I can right click on some items but not in a
> window - so that I can create a new file etc. Why is this? Thank you for
> your help
>
> Perry
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 3:09:04 PM

I'm sorry but none of this has helped. Its everytime I right click in a
window that I get an hour glass and nothing happens.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Right-click is slow or weird behavior caused by context menu handlers
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/slowrightclick.htm
>
> Right-click is extremely slow only when Network is enabled
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/rcdelay.htm
>
> Right click causes an error and crashes Explorer.exe after installing
> Windows XP SP2
> http://www.winxptutor.com/sp2/divxcrash.htm
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:899B3018-3EBF-4BB7-AB0E-085F37554E40@microsoft.com,
> Perry Mason <Perry Mason@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Everytime I right click something inside a window my system frezzes and I
> > have to use alt+ctrl+del, I can right click on some items but not in a
> > window - so that I can create a new file etc. Why is this? Thank you for
> > your help
> >
> > Perry

July 14, 2005 11:25:02 PM

"Perry Mason" <PerryMason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm sorry but none of this has helped. Its everytime I right click in a
> window that I get an hour glass and nothing happens.

Perry you'r lucky. I can right click and left click. The problem is my
mouse only moves up and down and if I use a circular movement for over a
minute it moves about one pixel to left or right. At present I am doing
everything via keyboard

I have uninstalled and reinstalled mouse and driver
Open and cleaned mouse, (mouse is rollerball)
Tried two different mice at different ports
Ran anti virus
Defraged my computer
Freed up disk space
Even opened computer with was loaded with dust and cleaned inside

Mouse is just the same. I would have thought Win XP Pro could solve problem
via help but nothing seems to work. Looks like I,m stuck
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 2:32:34 PM

>> but none of this has helped.

That's a poor feedback IMO.