two beeps on start up

i have a desktop windows xp sp2 . when i turn on my pc i get 2 beeps then it
stops but i see nothing on my mont** i took my mont** 2 see if it turns on
with my other pc and it works fine .any help be greatfull ty if anything u
can email me at edlove1111@msn.com
6 answers Last reply
More about beeps start

    http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&num=10&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=beep+codes&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:BCD6A4C4-06F5-43BC-81E8-F53445603DC6@microsoft.com,
    two beeps on start up <two beeps on start up@discussions.microsoft.com>
    hunted and pecked:
    > i have a desktop windows xp sp2 . when i turn on my pc i get 2 beeps then
    > it stops but i see nothing on my mont** i took my mont** 2 see if it
    > turns on with my other pc and it works fine .any help be greatfull ty if
    > anything u can email me at edlove1111@msn.com

    Two short beeps usually indicates a parity circuit failure...........most
    likely a problem with physical memory or the motherboard itself. See the
    following Google search for more info and some troubleshooting methods:
    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Parity+circuit+failure&btnG=Google+Search
    Heirloom, old and doesn't look good

    wrote in message news:BCD6A4C4-06F5-43BC-81E8-F53445603DC6@microsoft.com...
    >i have a desktop windows xp sp2 . when i turn on my pc i get 2 beeps then
    >it
    > stops but i see nothing on my mont** i took my mont** 2 see if it turns on
    > with my other pc and it works fine .any help be greatfull ty if anything u
    > can email me at edlove1111@msn.com

    ok this is the things i did .... i took out the sound card &the modem, only
    thing i left was the
    video card , i change the memory to a new one.there is a green light that
    stays on from the
    power box but there is also a button that say's test switch ,so what im say
    do that light needs
    to be on ? also i dont see nothing on my mont**** any other idea plz help ty

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > http://www.google.com/search?as_q=&num=10&hl=en&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=beep+codes&as_oq=&as_eq=&lr=&as_ft=i&as_filetype=&as_qdr=all&as_occt=any&as_dt=i&as_sitesearch=&safe=images
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:BCD6A4C4-06F5-43BC-81E8-F53445603DC6@microsoft.com,
    > two beeps on start up <two beeps on start up@discussions.microsoft.com>
    > hunted and pecked:
    > > i have a desktop windows xp sp2 . when i turn on my pc i get 2 beeps then
    > > it stops but i see nothing on my mont** i took my mont** 2 see if it
    > > turns on with my other pc and it works fine .any help be greatfull ty if
    > > anything u can email me at edlove1111@msn.com

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:21:05 -0700, two beeps on start up <two beeps
    on start up@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >i have a desktop windows xp sp2 . when i turn on my pc i get 2 beeps then it
    >stops but i see nothing on my mont** i took my mont** 2 see if it turns on
    >with my other pc and it works fine .any help be greatfull ty if anything u
    >can email me at edlove1111@msn.com

    Have you made any changes with RAM?

    yes i did a change but the memory must of been a fail 1 .so i went on putting
    the old 1 back in but that seems not 2 help , so im thinking if i have 2 get
    a new memory ? any idea !!! ty

    "<----- Which Way ----->" wrote:

    > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:21:05 -0700, two beeps on start up <two beeps
    > on start up@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >i have a desktop windows xp sp2 . when i turn on my pc i get 2 beeps then it
    > >stops but i see nothing on my mont** i took my mont** 2 see if it turns on
    > >with my other pc and it works fine .any help be greatfull ty if anything u
    > >can email me at edlove1111@msn.com
    >
    > Have you made any changes with RAM?

    i went and buy a new 256 mb pc133 memory .well hate 2 say i sill get the
    beeps on the start up . any other idea plz

    "<----- Which Way ----->" wrote:

    > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 10:21:05 -0700, two beeps on start up <two beeps
    > on start up@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    >
    > >i have a desktop windows xp sp2 . when i turn on my pc i get 2 beeps then it
    > >stops but i see nothing on my mont** i took my mont** 2 see if it turns on
    > >with my other pc and it works fine .any help be greatfull ty if anything u
    > >can email me at edlove1111@msn.com
    >
    > Have you made any changes with RAM?

Windows XP