setting i730 ring tones?

i've managed to set assign line 1 with a vibe/ringtone...but I can't
seem to do the same with call alerts...is this not an option?

From the main menu screen hit the "ok" button in the middle of your scroll
pad.

This will bring up your ring tones.

Scroll to the tone you want to assign to the call alerts and hit the
"Assign" button.

You will then get the option to Call Alert - scroll down and hit the "ok"
button

DONE!

"CH" <ch1819@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> i've managed to set assign line 1 with a vibe/ringtone...but I can't
> seem to do the same with call alerts...is this not an option?

right..but I wanted to asign a vibe/ring to the call alert...i cant
find that as an option

"Wirelessjuan" <fda104@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<aGefc.8414$hg1.3151@nwrddc02.gnilink.net>...
> From the main menu screen hit the "ok" button in the middle of your scroll
> pad.
>
> This will bring up your ring tones.
>
> Scroll to the tone you want to assign to the call alerts and hit the
> "Assign" button.
>
> You will then get the option to Call Alert - scroll down and hit the "ok"
> button
>
> DONE!
>
> "CH" <ch1819@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > i've managed to set assign line 1 with a vibe/ringtone...but I can't
> > seem to do the same with call alerts...is this not an option?

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like this is possible. Line 1 and Line 2 are
the only options with the ring/vibe feature. My guess is that since the
ring/vibe feature alternates between ring-vibe-ring the call alert tones
don't last long enough to do that whereas the incoming calls ring much
longer.