OH NO! IFSHLP.SYS and VMM32.VXD corrupt??

July 14, 2005 3:19:01 PM

At startup, I get a black screen that tells me that the two above files are
either damaged or corrupt. Can't load Windows in safe mode.

I'm running XP with a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
Anonymous
July 15, 2005 3:17:55 PM

Perform a repair, or 'upgrade' setup.

If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

--
Mark L. Ferguson