OH NO! IFSHLP.SYS and VMM32.VXD corrupt??

At startup, I get a black screen that tells me that the two above files are
either damaged or corrupt. Can't load Windows in safe mode.

I'm running XP with a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM.

Any help would be much appreciated!!
1 answer Last reply
More about ifshlp vmm32 corrupt

    Perform a repair, or 'upgrade' setup.

    If you run an XP "Upgrade"setup, from the original, or "Gold" version of the setup CD, and you have SP2 installed, it might go into
    a setup loop, and you could lose your install. Uninstall SP2, BEFORE you Upgrade setup from CD (that lacks sp2 on it.)

    875350 - How to remove Windows XP Service Pack 2 from your computer: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=875350

    How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install: http://michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

    --
    Mark L. Ferguson
    "MrSm" <MrSm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:540B2EC1-A255-4560-A3A3-06E0A5579B46@microsoft.com...
    > At startup, I get a black screen that tells me that the two above files are
    > either damaged or corrupt. Can't load Windows in safe mode.
    >
    > I'm running XP with a 2.8 GHz Pentium 4, 512 MB RAM.
    >
    > Any help would be much appreciated!!

Windows XP