alex

there is a 2-3 minute period between the windows logo and the login screen
when I start up my computer and I can't figure out wahts wrong

Use Event Viewer which logs the time that apps & services take to load. Then
you can hopefully isolate it a single source. Then if necessary post you
findings here.

Start > Run and type
eventvwr.msc
click OK

"alex" <alex@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> there is a 2-3 minute period between the windows logo and the login screen
> when I start up my computer and I can't figure out what's wrong

Omni

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2004

It may be that your HD is excessively fragmented if you havent
defragmented in a while. This may result in slow start up. Check your
drive and run a defragmenter if needed. This will help speed of the
system as well.

--
omni