Outlook Express Icon is missing from taskbar

I am running SP2 and I use Outlook Express. The Outlook Express Icon does not
show up on the taskbar. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks
5 answers Last reply
More about outlook express icon missing taskbar

    I suggest finding the target (C:\Program Files\Outlook Express) and then copy
    it as a shortcut from the 'msnimn' file to the taskbar. Hope that helps.

    --
    • Thorpe •

    "Jerry" wrote:

    > I am running SP2 and I use Outlook Express. The Outlook Express Icon does not
    > show up on the taskbar. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

    Thorpe, I'm really sorry, but I'm still new at this. Could you explain how to
    do this? I feel sort of lost. Thank you, I do appreciate your help.

    "Thorpe" wrote:

    > I suggest finding the target (C:\Program Files\Outlook Express) and then copy
    > it as a shortcut from the 'msnimn' file to the taskbar. Hope that helps.
    >
    > --
    > • Thorpe •
    >

    > "Jerry" wrote:
    >
    > > I am running SP2 and I use Outlook Express. The Outlook Express Icon does not
    > > show up on the taskbar. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

    Start > All Programs > Outlook Express

    Now rt. click OE and select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)

    Now go to your desktop and click & drag the new icon to your task bar
    (actually the Quick Launch bar).

    "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am running SP2 and I use Outlook Express. The Outlook Express Icon does
    >not
    > show up on the taskbar. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

    Thank you Michael, it worked like a charm. There's so many things I need to
    learn, but hopefully I'll get there. Thank you again.

    "Michael T" wrote:

    > Start > All Programs > Outlook Express
    >
    > Now rt. click OE and select Send To > Desktop (create shortcut)
    >
    > Now go to your desktop and click & drag the new icon to your task bar
    > (actually the Quick Launch bar).
    >
    > "Jerry" <Jerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am running SP2 and I use Outlook Express. The Outlook Express Icon does
    > >not
    > > show up on the taskbar. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks

  5. so what is the name of the file for Outlook express is it OEmig50.exe or is it a different one

Taskbar Outlook Express Microsoft Windows XP