program.exe

i was trying to see some pictures, but the following message always displayed
in the screen:

windows cannot find program.exe this program is needed for opening files of
typu 'image file'

i don't know how to se the pictures, well i can see it, but small size ad i
want lo see in large size.

i really apreciate your help

thank you
2 answers Last reply
More about program

    From
    Sharon F
    MS MVP [Shell/User]
    ******************

    A message about a missing "program.exe" is a bit of a red herring. There is
    no file with that name within XP. It is a generic name that shows up in XP
    error messages when an association is damaged.

    If the message appears when trying to open a data file, reassociate the file
    type with the appropriate program -or- reinstall the program and let it
    rebuild the file associations it needs. If it shows up when you doubleclick
    on a shortcut (LNK file) or an EXE file, the info for these file types needs
    to be repaired in the registry.

    MVP Doug Knox has automated fixes for this task at his site:

    Michael

    "camusxf" <camusxf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

    >I was trying to see some pictures, but the following message always
    >displayed
    > in the screen:
    >
    > windows cannot find program.exe this program is needed for opening files
    > of
    > type 'image file'
    >
    > I don't know how to see the pictures, well I can see it, but small size
    > and I
    > want too see in large size.
    >
    > I really apreciate your help
    >
    > Thank you.

    camusxf,

    What's the filetype you're trying to view?

    How to change file associations in Windows XP:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=307859

    Repair image file type associations in Windows XP:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/imgassofix.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    "camusxf" <camusxf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >i was trying to see some pictures, but the following message always
    >displayed
    > in the screen:
    >
    > windows cannot find program.exe this program is needed for opening files
    > of
    > typu 'image file'
    >
    > i don't know how to se the pictures, well i can see it, but small size ad
    > want lo see in large size.
    >
    > i really apreciate your help
    >
    > thank you

Support Microsoft Windows XP