How do I enable DMA on second disk

July 15, 2005 1:48:13 PM

I am running xp pro on a Dell Dimension 8400 and I want to enable DMA on
the 2nd hard drive. I have looked in the BIOS and there is no setting
there to change, I have gotten into Device Manager and removed the 2nd
drive and did a reboot of the system, the drive was then added back
automatically but it still isn't running as DMA enabled.

Any advice greatly appreciated.
TIA
ricardo

More about : enable dma disk

July 15, 2005 1:54:08 PM

ricardo wrote:
> I am running xp pro on a Dell Dimension 8400 and I want to enable DMA on
> the 2nd hard drive. I have looked in the BIOS and there is no setting
> there to change, I have gotten into Device Manager and removed the 2nd
> drive and did a reboot of the system, the drive was then added back
> automatically but it still isn't running as DMA enabled.
>
> Any advice greatly appreciated.
> TIA
> ricardo
I forgot to mention that the drives are SATA
!