Backup Error Message

I'm trying to back up my files onto my D drive but I keep getting an error
message that reads:

The backup file name could not be used.

D:\backup.bkf

Please ensure it is a valid path, and that you have sufficient access.

I tried using the Backup Wizard and going to Advanced Mode. I still get the
same error message.

How can I backup my files onto a CD?
2 answers Last reply
More about backup error message

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 22:39:03 -0700, Disk Dilemma wrote:

    > I'm trying to back up my files onto my D drive but I keep getting an error
    > message that reads:
    >
    > The backup file name could not be used.
    >
    > D:\backup.bkf
    >
    > Please ensure it is a valid path, and that you have sufficient access.
    >
    > I tried using the Backup Wizard and going to Advanced Mode. I still get the
    > same error message.
    >
    > How can I backup my files onto a CD?

    Sorry but with NT Backup there's no good way to backup directly to CD.
    Create the backup on your hard drive. Then burn the file to a CD. Awkward
    but it works.

    Alternatively, shop around for a backup program that is capable of backing
    up directly to CD. Another nice feature to look for in a backup program is
    being able to span multiple disks if the backup is too large for a single
    disk.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    Disk Dilemma wrote:
    > I'm trying to back up my files onto my D drive but I keep getting an error
    > message that reads:
    >
    > The backup file name could not be used.
    >
    > D:\backup.bkf
    >
    > Please ensure it is a valid path, and that you have sufficient access.
    >
    > I tried using the Backup Wizard and going to Advanced Mode. I still get the
    > same error message.
    >
    > How can I backup my files onto a CD?

    Most CD burners come with a software package that allow you
    to format a CD-RW disk and use it like a big floppy. With
    such software installed and a formatted CD-RW CD in the
    drive you can backup directly to the CD. However, it's not
    an ideal solution.

    Cheers,

    Cliff

Backup Microsoft Error Message Windows XP