Where's Jim K. (aka Jamesgames.. near Chicago) Still aroun..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey,
I am trying to get into contact with
Jim K. who used to have a bunch of games and parts near Chicago, IL.
I spoke with him a few months ago, but haven't been able
to get a hold of him since. Is he still around? Does anyone
know how he is doing?

I'm looking for a Sega Outrun control panel with the gears. I mostly
just need the main gear and surrounding parts because the ones
on my machine are worn down and apply uneven pressure to the main
steering wheel gear.

Any help is appreciated.

Post here...or e-mail me at midcoastsurf@removehotmail.com

Thanks,
Brad

Jim K has been going through some family issues right now and will
probably be unavailable for some time until he gets some things taken
care of. I am not going to get into detail or air his laundry. You
can email mail him, but it is unlikely that he will reply very quickly.
Brad, I talk to him off and on. If I remember correctly, Jim and I
split a bulk deal a while back and we had 3 or 4 outruns. At least 1
or maybe 2 of them got parted out. I will ask about the control
panel when I see him next.

Troy in Chicago

Jimmy K's is still around but struggling. In fact, I visited with him
briefly just yesterday. To summarize:

Physical health: Poor
Mental health: Poor
Financial condition: Poor
Personal life: Complete Disarray

I make contact every so often to give him some encouragement. He can use
all the friends he can get. Jimmys got a deep hole to dig out of. Let's
pray that he can make it. His email and phone numbers are the same, but
it's unlikely that he'll reply.

Hans O

> Hey,
> I am trying to get into contact with
> Jim K. who used to have a bunch of games and parts near Chicago, IL.
> I spoke with him a few months ago, but haven't been able
> to get a hold of him since. Is he still around? Does anyone
> know how he is doing?
>
> I'm looking for a Sega Outrun control panel with the gears. I mostly
> just need the main gear and surrounding parts because the ones
> on my machine are worn down and apply uneven pressure to the main
> steering wheel gear.
>
> Any help is appreciated.
>
> Post here...or e-mail me at midcoastsurf@removehotmail.com
>
> Thanks,
> Brad

Jim emailed and text messaged me this morning. He is trying to sell
off most of his stuff this weekend so as to get some cash. My guess
is, wave some cash in his face and he will make a deal with you.

j s wrote:
> Jim emailed and text messaged me this morning. He is trying to sell
> off most of his stuff this weekend so as to get some cash. My guess
> is, wave some cash in his face and he will make a deal with you.

I would love to, but I can not get a hold of him for the life of me. I
have e-mailed him and called him numerous times.

I would like to go down tomorrow (Saturday) and pick a few items up.
Can anyone help me get into contact with him????

Thanks for the help,
Brad

I would leave a voice message, tell him you have cash and want to meet
up with him Sat. I'm planning on dropping by sat night because I'm
sure he will be home.

j s wrote:
> I would leave a voice message, tell him you have cash and want to
meet
> up with him Sat. I'm planning on dropping by sat night because I'm
> sure he will be home.

I left him a voice message. Is there an address I can just drop by to
see if he is there?

Is there a time frame when he will be at his warehouse tomorrow where I
could just drop by? Hoping to pick up a few items and yes, I only pay
with CASH.

Please tell him about me if you can. I would really like to get down
there tomorrow. Any time tomorrow (saturday) will work for me. Just
let me know and give me an address or phone number where I can reach
you or Jim. I tried Jim's #, but I can only get voice mail. I have
left several messages over the past few months mentioning I would like
to come down and pick up some stuff, but no replies since January.

Thanks a lot for the help!,
Brad

Hans is absolutley correct. Dropping by Jims is pretty much pointless.
He is rarely home and it would be mostly a waste of time on your part.
Best bet, text messge. Brad, what did you need other than the outrun
CP?

Troy

midcoastsurf@gmail.com wrote:

> j s wrote:
>
>>I would leave a voice message, tell him you have cash and want to
>
> meet
>
>>up with him Sat. I'm planning on dropping by sat night because I'm
>>sure he will be home.
>

> I left him a voice message. Is there an address I can just drop by to
> see if he is there?

If Jim wants you to have his address, he'll give it to you.

> Is there a time frame when he will be at his warehouse tomorrow where I
> could just drop by? Hoping to pick up a few items and yes, I only pay
> with CASH.

Wouldn't do you any good, he won't be there. Wouldn't be there even if
he said he would, plus you couldn't call him to ask him where he is. By
the way, what are you expecting to buy? There are no gems at Jims place.
No classics, either.

> Please tell him about me if you can. I would really like to get down
> there tomorrow. Any time tomorrow (saturday) will work for me. Just
> let me know and give me an address or phone number where I can reach
> you or Jim. I tried Jim's #, but I can only get voice mail. I have
> left several messages over the past few months mentioning I would like
> to come down and pick up some stuff, but no replies since January.

Keep trying, especially by text message. Perhaps you'll get through.
Above all, have patience. Hopefully Jim's fortunes will turn around and
he'll be back.

Hans O

takeman@comcast.net wrote:
> Hans is absolutley correct. Dropping by Jims is pretty much
pointless.
> He is rarely home and it would be mostly a waste of time on your
part.
> Best bet, text messge. Brad, what did you need other than the
outrun
> CP?
>
> Troy

I was also looking for some project pins from the 80's. I didn't know
exactly what Jim had in his warehouse. Jim was the only one that I
knew of who had the Outrun control panel. Maybe I could buy it off of
someone who could get it from Jim? The control panel I have has a
broken main gear due to the bushings and metal parts being worn down
unevenly and causing uneven pressure on the main gear.

Thanks for the help,
Brad

Brad,
I will see if I can get it or if find out if he even has it. I dont
think Jim has any 80's pins or any for that matter.

Troy

takeman@comcast.net wrote:
> Brad,
> I will see if I can get it or if find out if he even has it. I dont
> think Jim has any 80's pins or any for that matter.
>
> Troy

Thanks a lot Troy,
Just keep me posted if you find out anything.

Much appreciated,
Brad