Problem with Device Manager

Okay, here's my problem:

I've been having trouble playing movies with Windows Media Player (screen
turning green and what not). After searching the net for solutions to this,
there seemed to be one fix, uninstalling all my video codecs and reinstalling
only the basic ones.

Here's where my new problem comes in. It seems that Windows will not let me
uninstall my codecs. Using device manager, I select 'Remove" on the codecs,
and it will show them being removed, but if I exit the manager and go back
in, the codecs are all still there. I've also tried going through the control
panel/sounds and audio devices/hardware/video codecs, and I get the same
result, I can click remove, but the codecs aren't removed.

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.
1 answer Last reply
More about problem device manager

    No one has any idea?

Device Manager Codec Windows XP