Restoring Desktop folder

i had problem with my windows XP professional operating system that the
system can not boot at all, i took hard disk to another computer to take some
files from it.

Before Windows Started, Scan disk checked my hard disk and found some cross
links and repaired it.
when i open my hardisk i could not find any thing on my desktop(desktop
folder of slave hard disk) just i found some folders Found001x and some files
inside it .chk

how can i restore all my lost files?

http://www.ericphelps.com/uncheck/ perhaps.

--