Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

I want to change the sound of my new mail notification. I checked the
'help' info on the control panel and got this---To assign sounds to program
events
1.. Open Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel.
2.. On the Sounds tab, in the Program events list, click the program event
to which you want to assign a sound.
3.. In the Sounds box, click the sound you want to play whenever the
selected program event occurs.
4.. If the sound you want to use is not listed, click Browse to search for
it.
Notes
a.. To open Sounds and Audio Devices, click Start, click Control Panel,
and then double-click Sounds and Audio Devices.
b.. To test a sound, in the Sounds box, click the sound you want to test,
and then click Play sound . To stop the sound, click Stop .
The problem is there is no 'play sound' or 'stop' button on the sounds tab.

Also, I remember from Windows ME or 95 that there were many sounds to choose
from and now only Windows default and some wav sounds.

Max

begin 666 shortcutCold.gif
M1TE&.#EA"0`)`*(``(AZA68)>\#<P+_4OH" @ ```````````"P`````"0`)
B```#'$@$W"HCR##>B+*2.ZG"E+=EEQ9=0OI%J:J\< (`.P``
`
end

begin 666 note.gif
M1TE&.#EA"@`*`+/_`(V,C?__S/_,`/\%!?]=7<# P-/3T\# P(6%A0("`@``
M`````````````````````"'Y! $```4`+ `````*``H`0 0H$,AI#AD@Z)U*
AR1HB)(8'<N,7&EJG;JV P4GZ&@D2(";<>HF@,.B)```[
`
end

> The problem is there is no 'play sound' or 'stop' button on the sounds tab.
The help entry is out of date. There is a button next to the Browse button with a 'right arrow' icon now, that should play any valid
sound selected in the browse.

> Also, I remember from Windows ME or 95 that there were many sounds to choose from and now only Windows default and some wav
> sounds.
Convert your sound to a wav (sndrec32.exe), and browse to it.

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"Max" <missmax2@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:eYJhXxTiFHA.1412@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
>I want to change the sound of my new mail notification. I checked the 'help' info on the control panel and got this---To assign
>sounds to program events
> 1.. Open Sounds and Audio Devices in Control Panel.
> 2.. On the Sounds tab, in the Program events list, click the program event to which you want to assign a sound.
> 3.. In the Sounds box, click the sound you want to play whenever the selected program event occurs.
> 4.. If the sound you want to use is not listed, click Browse to search for it.
> Notes
> a.. To open Sounds and Audio Devices, click Start, click Control Panel, and then double-click Sounds and Audio Devices.
> b.. To test a sound, in the Sounds box, click the sound you want to test, and then click Play sound . To stop the sound, click
> Stop .
> The problem is there is no 'play sound' or 'stop' button on the sounds tab.
>
> Also, I remember from Windows ME or 95 that there were many sounds to choose from and now only Windows default and some wav
> sounds.
>
> Max

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
> > The problem is there is no 'play sound' or 'stop' button on the sounds tab.
> The help entry is out of date. There is a button next to the Browse button with a 'right arrow' icon now, that should play any valid
> sound selected in the browse.
>
> > Also, I remember from Windows ME or 95 that there were many sounds to choose from and now only Windows default and some wav
> > sounds.
> Convert your sound to a wav (sndrec32.exe), and browse to it.
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson

You mentioned "Convert your sound to a wav (sndrec32.exe), and browse
to it."

Can you explain this?

Max

Max

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2003

> Mark L. Ferguson wrote:
>> > The problem is there is no 'play sound' or 'stop' button on the sounds
>> > tab.
>> The help entry is out of date. There is a button next to the Browse
>> button with a 'right arrow' icon now, that should play any valid
>> sound selected in the browse.
>>
>> > Also, I remember from Windows ME or 95 that there were many sounds to
>> > choose from and now only Windows default and some wav
>> > sounds.
>> Convert your sound to a wav (sndrec32.exe), and browse to it.
>>
>> --
>> Mark L. Ferguson
>> FAQ for Windows Antispy
> You mentioned "Convert your sound to a wav (sndrec32.exe), and browse
> to it."
> Can you explain this?
> Max

Did anyone ever respond to this question?
Max