Seller installed XP Home using my name

I bought a used PC. A kind person who sold me the PC installed XP Home to it
using my name "automatically". The problem is that there shouldn't be my
name, the computer comes to a friend of mine. I just bought the cheap PC via
an internet auction.

So, possibly during installation XP asks the owner's name (I still use Win
98, I don't know). Is it possible to rename the XP owner's name afterwards?
I don't have any installation disks, just some sort of an XP recovery disk.

with regards

Jouni
from Finland
1 answer Last reply
More about seller installed home name

    Change the Computer's Registered Owner in Windows XP
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm

    Microsoft Registration: Start > Run and type: REGWIZ /R ,
    and hit enter.

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Jouni" wrote:

    > I bought a used PC. A kind person who sold me the PC installed XP Home to it
    > using my name "automatically". The problem is that there shouldn't be my
    > name, the computer comes to a friend of mine. I just bought the cheap PC via
    > an internet auction.
    >
    > So, possibly during installation XP asks the owner's name (I still use Win
    > 98, I don't know). Is it possible to rename the XP owner's name afterwards?
    > I don't have any installation disks, just some sort of an XP recovery disk.
    >
    > with regards
    >
    > Jouni
    > from Finland

Microsoft Windows XP