Seller installed XP Home using my name

July 15, 2005 9:26:45 PM

I bought a used PC. A kind person who sold me the PC installed XP Home to it
using my name "automatically". The problem is that there shouldn't be my
name, the computer comes to a friend of mine. I just bought the cheap PC via
an internet auction.

So, possibly during installation XP asks the owner's name (I still use Win
98, I don't know). Is it possible to rename the XP owner's name afterwards?
I don't have any installation disks, just some sort of an XP recovery disk.

with regards

Jouni
from Finland

More about : seller installed home

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 9:26:46 PM

Change the Computer's Registered Owner in Windows XP
http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_change_owner.htm

Microsoft Registration: Start > Run and type: REGWIZ /R ,
and hit enter.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP