Windows XP SP2 install

July 15, 2005 12:12:01 PM

I have tried installing the service pack 2 for windows XP from both the
internet and from a CD that Microsoft sent me. My problem is when it gets to
the point where it says "backing up registry" it acts like it timed out. It
won't do anything more and I have to do an alt+ct+del to turn it off. Any
ideas? Bad registry?

More about : windows sp2 install

July 15, 2005 8:25:33 PM

"dslemon" <dslemon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have tried installing the service pack 2 for windows XP from both the
> internet and from a CD that Microsoft sent me. My problem is when it gets
> the point where it says "backing up registry" it acts like it timed out.
It
> won't do anything more and I have to do an alt+ct+del to turn it off. Any
> ideas? Bad registry?

have a look here:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?pr=windowsxps...

HTH
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 2:19:01 AM

I couldn't find anything there to help me in my situation. Any other ideas?

!