0Xc000000f

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronjackman

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012
Hello, I have loaded and fully updated Windows 7 Pro on my Acer 9300 laptop HDD. Because of problems with the laptops BIOS, I did this on my pc. No problems there. In fact the HDD runs smoothly and quietly on the pc but when I reinstalled it on the laptop, I was getting the above error code. Since then, I have tried using the Installation disk to repair the problem but it was unable to do this. I have made and run a repair disk with the same result. It seems that the boot file goes missing somewhere along the line and I cant find it. I keep getting the message, this file does not refer to this hardware. At the moment I am using the laptop HDD on my pc to write this so the disk itself is ok. Any help would be enormously appreciated. Cheers, Ron

Okay when you're installing windows onto a hard drive windows will pick drivers it needs based on hardware it detects so it installed fine on your desktop but when you plug in the hard drive to your lappy it will not boot as your laptop uses different hardware...the drivers from your dekstop are conflicting the laptop. only way around is to install windows on mashine you will be using it on

ronjackman

Honorable
Dec 21, 2012

Of course. I did get it all sorted out with Windows 7 running ok but it was necessary to use the laptop slightly differently. Because it was never meant for 7 some of the drivers weren't recognised so that meant it was not possible to use sleep mode. only on or off. That way it was ok. So thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.