Acer's Nvidia Ion Revo Goes Dual-core Atom

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

And the dual-core Atom's have hyperthreading, so it's like having a quad-core.

/sarcasm

I bet an Athlon II stuck at 800mhz speed-stepping would stomp it into the ground while using the same or less electricity.

tektek

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I might be really interested in this.. space is a factor.. add performance in it.. and its a match made in heaven.. now only if the demonic price devils stay away from overpricing these things... then its a home run!

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
This is really the starting point for me in this department. Good enough cpu for most common tasks + good enough gpu for some light gaming and video decoding + small form factor + small electricity bill + silence. At an affordable price. What more could you ask for ?

This is the perfect computer for your mom; a child's room; the kitchen, the basement, etc, especially if you have them connected to a network. That way you can use the server's dvd drive to install programs, which is the only limitation it has.

G

Great to act as file server, router, and firewall!
Also great for skype phone.

G

Who voted down tacoslave? Creating a drive bay for a laptop optical drive would be brilliant, rather than some clunky piece o' crap external drive. Shame on you.

Status
Not open for further replies.