setup screen when I log in

when i log into windows, the setup wizard pops up and if i click on continue
it gives me an error message...any ideas on how to get rid of this?
--
jen
3 answers Last reply

    What does the error message say???

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Jennifer" wrote:

    | when i log into windows, the setup wizard pops up and if i click on continue
    | it gives me an error message...any ideas on how to get rid of this?
    | --
    | jen

    it says "setup cannot continue n windows NT based systems, Click OK to end
    setup". When I click OK, it closes.
    --
    jen

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > What does the error message say???
    >
    > --
    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "Jennifer" wrote:
    >
    > | when i log into windows, the setup wizard pops up and if i click on continue
    > | it gives me an error message...any ideas on how to get rid of this?
    > | --
    > | jen

    made os updates?
    sounds like windows just ceased supporting some of your hardware with the
    last update. hope I'm wrong in this for you, but I'm almost sure for mine (hp
    scanner).
    Try to disconnect external devices like scanner, printer, modem to find if
    the problem persists & try to find an updated driver.
    News are welcome (esp good ones).

    Helge.

    "Jennifer" wrote:

    > it says "setup cannot continue n windows NT based systems, Click OK to end
    > setup". When I click OK, it closes.
    > --
    > jen
    >

    > "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:
    >
    > > What does the error message say???
    > >
    > > --
    > > Carey Frisch
    > > Microsoft MVP
    > > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > > Microsoft Newsgroups
    > >
    > > Get Windows XP Service Pack 2 with Advanced Security Technologies:
    > > http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/protect/windowsxp/choose.mspx

    > > "Jennifer" wrote:
    > >
    > > | when i log into windows, the setup wizard pops up and if i click on continue
    > > | it gives me an error message...any ideas on how to get rid of this?
    > > | --
    > > | jen

Login Microsoft Error Message Windows XP