GeForce 2 Board brands?

G

Are there any Brands of the Nvidia GeForce 2 GTS or Pro to stay away from? Ive seen Vision Tek, Leadtek, Asus, etc.

Anyone have a recomendation.... I do some CAD work at home, but I do fancy a Nascar 4 game every now and then...

I really like the Matrox G400 I have at work, I'm just wondering how the gaming graphics will be like? I'm not a gaming buff, but I would like to enjoy racing once in a while?

I'm trying to decide if I should go with the Matrox 450, or and Nvidia GeForce 2 chip?
Any insight would be appreciated...

thanks!!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Not really any quality issue, so the GTS cards should be pretty much the same unless you buy one with super fast memory. But some of the cheaper Pro's are using the less expensive 6ns memory that comes standard with the GTS so you won't notice much of a performance improvement with those.

Suicide is painless...........

mpjesse

Splendid
Yeah- i've seen almost no problems with any off-brand cards. I have a eVGA, which is considered by some to be the worst- but I've not had ONE problem with it. They're all good- the only difference is what Griz said- with the speed of the memory.

-MP Jesse