ATI RAGEON BETA DRIVERS

Makaveli

Splendid
Has anyone Installed the New Beta Drivers for the Rageon?
If so can u tell me if u found any improvement if any or decrease performance due to the new drivers?

I have RageON 64 DDR and using 3056 drivers.

JoeHead

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just got that card today. I have an Abit KA7, Athlon 750. Latest Via drivers, bios, DX8, Win Me. I couldn't run stable 'til I installed the Beta drivers and set the VxD to normal (via agp driver setteing).

So it is working but I have nothing to compare to. Plus my system may be a bit diferent from yours.

Oh by the way if there is a diff in performance it's ussually pretty small. If it works don't screw with it. But if you do I hope it goes back to normal if it don't work.

<b> Fragg at will!!! </b>

Makaveli

Splendid
My system stats MSI K7T Pro 2-A, Athlon T-bird 700 @ 800mhz.
128 PC133 RAM
30 Gig UDMA100 7200rpm
Soundblaster Live
Ati RAGEON VIVO 64mb DDR

I'm running ME and did have a problem at one time with the Inf driver on the 4-1 via drivers. But everything works fine now and I installed with VxD turbo and card runs fine

TheAntipop

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
since you didnt sound sarcasitic i will respond: rageon was a typo, it should have just been radeon

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you.

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Joehead do you have a KA7 or a KT7? If you have a KA7 I can tell you the bios settings that will allow you to go to 2x AGP (Via AGP driver in Turbo, AGP4x Mode set to disable.) I had this motherboard in my system for about a year and with the Radeon almost 6 months. Now I have upgraded to a IWILL KK266 and a Thunderbird. If you have a KA7/Radeon then set the bios settings according to the following thread at Rage3d.com

<A HREF="http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=8918" target="_new">http://rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?threadid=8918</A>

Second response has the settings to give you the best speed and stability. Enjoy your Radeon :smile: .

bw37

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
noko, How's the Radeon working with the KK266? I just ordered my system: KK266-R, 850 t-bird, ATI AIW, retail(pray for me!?), using Win2K and 98orME dual boot? As best I can tell I'll have to make some compromises to get it all to work. I hope to assemble in the next two weeks. I may come calling for assistance!

Quantum, I suspect a play on words by Makaveli. Either a Rage3D enthusiast or another Radeon owner enRaged by the driver problems. Works either way.

BW

the more I learn, the less I'm sure I know... :eek:

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
It runs great, as I am typing this I am in W2k watching a DVD in a scalable window. This card becomes kinda addictive since you end up using your computer in different ways then expected. The quality of the 2d and 3d rendering is striking. Stability with the KK266 is top notch, I don't have any problems or any serious problems that is. ATI will be releasing version 7.1 of its MMC software and hopefully your potential troubles with the AIW will be none. Ask for any other info you want as in benchmarks etc. :smile:

G

I have a radeon 64mb ddr vivo and using the 4.13.7072 beta driver. This version will only support dx8. For me, it is working fine and some of the fsaa problem had fixed.

System spec:
p3 800EB
Intel D815EEA motherboard

G

Makievelli guy or however you spell it....

now say after me... RAY-DEE-ON

now spell.. R-A-D-E-O-N

thank you...

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :eek:) Long live the tweakers

Makaveli

Splendid
First of all it's a spelling mistake get over it for [-peep-] sake!

U didn't even spell my name right
Can u Spell M-A-K-A-V-E-L-I !!

thank you.

P.S for all the intel lovers the ultra Thunder bird is coming! Default clock 1.5 gighz
Not a new core so get a good HSF!

G

hehe dumbass, I told you I mispelled your name, but you somehow pronounce your G's as D's... makes no sense to me..

Old addage: "Users never prosper" :eek:) Long live the tweakers