Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi guys,

I've finally succumbed to the need of owning my own Jamma cab and it's
due to arrive Tuesday(ish) - I'm very excited!

It hasn't got any games so I'm scouring ebay to try and find a bargain,
possibly even an MVS mobo so I can play neo geo games too.

Anyway, I want to sometime in the future fit extra buttons (ie, convert
it to Jamma+) but I can't find much information on how to actually do
this.

Is it possible to fit the extra buttons and get them working in the
game? Does each game pcb have different connections for the extra
controls? If it does, what's the best way to handle this?

I would dearly love smash tv (I've read that it will play on Jamma but
you can only fire in 3 directions!), so if you had the extra button(s)
at least you could fire in all directions even if it wasn't the
original arcade's second joystick...

Cheers

Neil

Usually the pcbs themselves have the extra wires running off them. My
only experience with JAMMA+ is the street fighter-esque games. In the
case of these, you have to track down the wiring harness and wire up
all the extra kick buttons. Switching over is somewhat of a hassle. I
know this from when I switched from the older CPS I system to CPS II, I
had to keep track of all the wires and there is no easy switch, as far
as I know.

If it's one wire in the case of Smash TV, then I don't know exactly.
It would seem pretty stupid to have a wiring harness for two wires.
Then again, I've heard of stranger things...

Good luck.