Can I safely delete this folder?

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
July 15, 2005 3:21:04 PM

Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\content.IE5 folder.
I have viewed the contents of this folder and noticed that it contained over
4300 files, almost all of them ending with .XML and dated last year.
My question is, Can I delete these files? What purpose are they stored there
for?
Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Drew.

More about : safely delete folder

July 15, 2005 9:54:27 PM

In news:457EE795-5CFD-4484-B0EF-55DAF423EC39@microsoft.com,
Andrew <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

> Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\content.IE5 folder.
> I have viewed the contents of this folder and noticed that it
> contained over 4300 files, almost all of them ending with .XML and
> dated last year.
> My question is, Can I delete these files? What purpose are they
> stored there for?
> Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
>
> Drew.

Having just said to heck with it and deleted the entire folder myself I can
safely say that nothing bad happened when I did so.

Galen

without them."

Sherlock Holmes
!