Can I safely delete this folder?

Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\content.IE5 folder.
I have viewed the contents of this folder and noticed that it contained over
4300 files, almost all of them ending with .XML and dated last year.
My question is, Can I delete these files? What purpose are they stored there
for?
Any help would be sincerely appreciated.

Drew.
1 answer Last reply
More about safely delete folder

    In news:457EE795-5CFD-4484-B0EF-55DAF423EC39@microsoft.com,
    Andrew <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> had this to say:

    > Windows\system32\config\systemprofile\content.IE5 folder.
    > I have viewed the contents of this folder and noticed that it
    > contained over 4300 files, almost all of them ending with .XML and
    > dated last year.
    > My question is, Can I delete these files? What purpose are they
    > stored there for?
    > Any help would be sincerely appreciated.
    >
    > Drew.

    Having just said to heck with it and deleted the entire folder myself I can
    safely say that nothing bad happened when I did so.

    Galen

    without them."

    Sherlock Holmes

Microsoft Windows XP