Run As Box

Every time I try to open a program this Run As dialog box pops up asking
"Which user account do you want to use to run this progam" How do I stop
this box from poping up?
5 answers Last reply
More about tomshardware

    "dtoms" <dtoms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Every time I try to open a program this Run As dialog box pops up
    > asking
    > "Which user account do you want to use to run this progam" How do I
    > stop
    > this box from poping up?

    Sounds like the exefile is not set as default.

    This may help you,

    Cannot run EXE files - Programs don't open
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/exefile.htm

    [Courtesy of Ramesh Srinivasan, MVP]

    --
    William

    That did not fix my problem. I can open the programs but I have to select
    which user account to use to open the program. I used to be able to open
    programs fine, but this thing just started poping up. Wish I could post a
    picture of the box.

    Anybody who can help me and would like to see the run as box I keep getting,
    I can e-mail it to you.

    Donnie

    "WTC" wrote:

    > "dtoms" <dtoms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Every time I try to open a program this Run As dialog box pops up
    > > asking
    > > "Which user account do you want to use to run this progam" How do I
    > > stop
    > > this box from poping up?
    >
    > Sounds like the exefile is not set as default.
    >
    > This may help you,
    >
    > Cannot run EXE files - Programs don't open
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/exefile.htm
    >
    > [Courtesy of Ramesh Srinivasan, MVP]
    >
    > --
    > William

    Donnie,

    XP_RunAsShortcutFix.exe - Corrects a problem where double clicking a
    shortcut displays a Run As dialog (shown below)
    © Doug Knox - 06/14/2004
    v1.1

    See : http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_runasshort.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    > That did not fix my problem. I can open the programs but I have to select
    > which user account to use to open the program. I used to be able to open
    > programs fine, but this thing just started poping up. Wish I could post a
    > picture of the box.
    >
    > Anybody who can help me and would like to see the run as box I keep
    > getting,
    > I can e-mail it to you.
    >

    > Donnie
    >

    > "WTC" wrote:
    >
    >> "dtoms" <dtoms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > Every time I try to open a program this Run As dialog box pops up
    >> > asking
    >> > "Which user account do you want to use to run this progam" How do I
    >> > stop
    >> > this box from poping up?
    >>
    >> Sounds like the exefile is not set as default.
    >>
    >> This may help you,
    >>
    >> Cannot run EXE files - Programs don't open
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/exefile.htm
    >>
    >> [Courtesy of Ramesh Srinivasan, MVP]
    >>
    >> --
    >> William

    Thank You so much, this worked great

    Donnie

    "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:

    > Donnie,
    >
    > XP_RunAsShortcutFix.exe - Corrects a problem where double clicking a
    > shortcut displays a Run As dialog (shown below)
    > © Doug Knox - 06/14/2004
    > v1.1
    >
    > See : http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_runasshort.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "dtoms" <dtoms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > That did not fix my problem. I can open the programs but I have to select
    > > which user account to use to open the program. I used to be able to open
    > > programs fine, but this thing just started poping up. Wish I could post a
    > > picture of the box.
    > >
    > > Anybody who can help me and would like to see the run as box I keep
    > > getting,
    > > I can e-mail it to you.
    > >

    > > Donnie
    > >

    > > "WTC" wrote:
    > >
    > >> "dtoms" <dtoms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> Sounds like the exefile is not set as default.
    > >>
    > >> This may help you,
    > >>
    > >> Cannot run EXE files - Programs don't open
    > >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/exefile.htm
    > >>
    > >> [Courtesy of Ramesh Srinivasan, MVP]
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >> William

    Glad that helped Donnie.

    --
    Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org

    > Thank You so much, this worked great
    >
    > Donnie
    >

    > "Ramesh, MS-MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Donnie,
    >>
    >> XP_RunAsShortcutFix.exe - Corrects a problem where double clicking a
    >> shortcut displays a Run As dialog (shown below)
    >> © Doug Knox - 06/14/2004
    >> v1.1
    >>
    >> See : http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_runasshort.htm
    >>
    >> --
    >> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
    >> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "dtoms" <dtoms@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> > That did not fix my problem. I can open the programs but I have to
    >> > select

Support Microsoft Dialog Windows XP