Anyone know a way to disable V-sync all together?

G

I just recently got a TVAtor to make a TV-based compter, and thus far I don't have any real complaints. I did notice however that If I dont disable V-sync in D3D or OGL the framerate looks horrible (Duron 700, GF2 GTS, 128mb, etc etc) My system works great when hooked to a monitor no problems with framerate. Now I need to know if tere is a way in the windows registry to disable V-sync in windows in general. I ask because If go to play a DVD the frame rate drops, and I am using a Hollywood plus decoder. Don't know if there is a way to disable v-sync for windows though. Let me know if possible. And yes I know I can use the tv output on the DVD decoder but I dont have enough inputs on TV, and don't feel like spending more on this thing, or haveing to switch cables aroud constantly.

Booky

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2001
The only way I know is in settings. But that is what you did I think and only applies to 3d I think. It would be interesting if you can I would like to know also.

Someday I will stop asking all the questions!

LordKaos

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2001
Sorry for the auto set!

Go to the display properties, Advanced Settings , GeForce Settings, Addicional Properties, OpenGL Settings, and put the Vertical Sync in Always off and see if it works!

Better burn in Hell with some company than freeze in Heaven all alone

G

That is what we were discussing, I already know where to turn off the open GL and D3D v-sync, I was looking for one that would cover the rest of windows.

TRENDING THREADS