PySol

Last response: in Video Games
May 12, 2004 12:21:34 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

http://www.pysol.org/

PySol is an exciting collection of more than 200 solitaire card games.
Its features include support for lots of distinct games, very nice
look and feel, multiple cardsets and table tiles, sound and background
music, unlimited undo & redo, load & save games, player statistics and
log files, hint system, demo games, support for user written plug-ins,
integrated HTML help browser and lots of documentation.

Among the supported games are classics like Aces Up, Baker's Game,
Canfield, FreeCell, Forty Thieves, Golf, Klondike, Pyramid, Scorpion,
Spider, Yukon, and many more...

PySol is copyrighted OpenSource software distributed under the terms
of the GNU General Public License.

PySol is written in 100% pure Python.

More about : pysol

Anonymous
May 12, 2004 9:58:03 PM

* ProteanThread * wrote:
> http://www.pysol.org/
>
> PySol is an exciting collection of more than 200 solitaire card games.
> Its features include support for lots of distinct games, very nice
> look and feel, multiple cardsets and table tiles, sound and background
> music, unlimited undo & redo, load & save games, player statistics and
> log files, hint system, demo games, support for user written plug-ins,
> integrated HTML help browser and lots of documentation.
>
> Among the supported games are classics like Aces Up, Baker's Game,
> Canfield, FreeCell, Forty Thieves, Golf, Klondike, Pyramid, Scorpion,
> Spider, Yukon, and many more...
>
> PySol is copyrighted OpenSource software distributed under the terms
> of the GNU General Public License.
>
> PySol is written in 100% pure Python.

Does this link have the version that does not need pyton to be installed?
- I know there is one somewhere)

MightyKitten

--

http://fotoalbum.it-hulp.nl/
Anonymous

"MightyKitten" <MightyKitten@127.0.0.1.zap> wrote in message

> Does this link have the version that does not need pyton to be installed?
> - I know there is one somewhere)
>
> MightyKitten
>
> --
>
> http://fotoalbum.it-hulp.nl/

I've tried the precompiled version and the one that requires Python. IMO,
the one that requires Python beats the socks off 4.60; it's *extremely* well
done. I don't know if it will run on Win98 but it definitely won't on
Win95, and does well on my Win2K and XP machines.
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 12, 2004 11:27:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

You can find a precompiled version on gamehippo (4.60)

"MightyKitten" <MightyKitten@127.0.0.1.zap> wrote in message
> * ProteanThread * wrote:
> > http://www.pysol.org/
> >
> > PySol is an exciting collection of more than 200 solitaire card games.
> > Its features include support for lots of distinct games, very nice
> > look and feel, multiple cardsets and table tiles, sound and background
> > music, unlimited undo & redo, load & save games, player statistics and
> > log files, hint system, demo games, support for user written plug-ins,
> > integrated HTML help browser and lots of documentation.
> >
> > Among the supported games are classics like Aces Up, Baker's Game,
> > Canfield, FreeCell, Forty Thieves, Golf, Klondike, Pyramid, Scorpion,
> > Spider, Yukon, and many more...
> >
> > PySol is copyrighted OpenSource software distributed under the terms
> > of the GNU General Public License.
> >
> > PySol is written in 100% pure Python.
>
> Does this link have the version that does not need pyton to be installed?
> - I know there is one somewhere)
>
> MightyKitten
>
> --
>
> http://fotoalbum.it-hulp.nl/

Anonymous
May 13, 2004 12:03:07 AM

MightyKitten wrote:
> * ProteanThread * wrote:
>
>>http://www.pysol.org/
>>PySol is an exciting collection of more than 200 solitaire card games.
>>Its features include support for lots of distinct games, very nice
>>look and feel, multiple cardsets and table tiles, sound and background
>>music, unlimited undo & redo, load & save games, player statistics and
>>log files, hint system, demo games, support for user written plug-ins,
>>integrated HTML help browser and lots of documentation.
>>Among the supported games are classics like Aces Up, Baker's Game,
>>Canfield, FreeCell, Forty Thieves, Golf, Klondike, Pyramid, Scorpion,
>>Spider, Yukon, and many more...
>>PySol is copyrighted OpenSource software distributed under the terms
>>of the GNU General Public License.
>>PySol is written in 100% pure Python.
>

> Does this link have the version that does not need pyton to be installed?
> - I know there is one somewhere)
>
> MightyKitten

Yes, http://gamehippo.com/ has v.4.60 - ready to run in Windows.

And the last version of PySol for Windows (4.2) with the 100+ solitaire
mahjongg games can be downloaded from my site, if anybody is interested:
http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/freeware.html

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

My sites:
Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html
Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html
Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/index.html
My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/index.html
Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no
May 13, 2004 12:58:20 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

Thip wrote:
<SNIP>
> I've tried the precompiled version and the one that requires Python.
> IMO, the one that requires Python beats the socks off 4.60; it's
> *extremely* well done. I don't know if it will run on Win98 but it
> definitely won't on Win95, and does well on my Win2K and XP machines.

Well, could be But I hate it when I have to install addtionals.
For business purposed I have to install Misc. VB runtimes and Java JRE.
Unill now I could happily refuse Quicktime, Realplayer, Ghostscript and
others because I don't have too.

Has something to do with needing a 10+ mb install for a program that could
be only 100K or so, if written propperly. I guess I'm somewhat fooling
myself, since I would accept the pre build version, but it is a
psychological thing I guess. Besides, If I liked to build / make programs
myself, I had switched to linux / Unix / DEBIAN a long time ago.

MightyKitten
November 23, 2008 8:42:11 PM

I would like to download Pysol. You said it can be done from your site.

Freelander
!