I need help in moving TEMP files in XP - SP2

July 15, 2005 9:05:42 PM

I recently install a bigger harddrive and I now want to move the physical
location of the systems TEMP/Temporary Internet Files from the 'My
Documents' folders of all of my users. I went into
System>Advanced>Environment and pointed everyone's temp files to another
physical partition. The system accepted the changes. I now discover that I
may have missed some other location because when I open the Documents and
Settings>Administration>Local Settings>Temporary Internet Files I see day
old file folders? The date on these files go back for the last several days.
One folder "CONTENT.IE5' directory HAS SUBFILES AND FOLDERS WITH TODAY'S
date. Can someone tell me what I missed??
Thanks in advance . . .Tom Johnson.

More about : moving temp files sp2

Anonymous
July 15, 2005 10:12:08 PM

open IE
tools
internet options
temp int files
settings
move folder
peterk

the problem
"tjdarth" <tjohn1@airmail.net> wrote in message
news:o $VLVkYiFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I recently install a bigger harddrive and I now want to move the physical
>location of the systems TEMP/Temporary Internet Files from the 'My
>Documents' folders of all of my users. I went into
>System>Advanced>Environment and pointed everyone's temp files to another
>physical partition. The system accepted the changes. I now discover that I
>may have missed some other location because when I open the Documents and
>Settings>Administration>Local Settings>Temporary Internet Files I see day
>old file folders? The date on these files go back for the last several
>days. One folder "CONTENT.IE5' directory HAS SUBFILES AND FOLDERS WITH
>TODAY'S date. Can someone tell me what I missed??
> Thanks in advance . . .Tom Johnson.

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 2:44:21 PM

To redirect the Temporary Internet Files (TIF) location to a different
drive, follow these steps:

a.. Save and close all running applications
b.. Create a folder in the destination drive (say E:\TIF)
c.. Click Start, Run and type CONTROL INETCPL.CPL
d.. In the Temporary Internet Files section, click Settings
e.. Click Move Folder button and browse to the target folder
f.. Click OK
g.. Click Yes, when you see the prompt
"Windows will log you off to finish moving Temporary Internet Files. Do you
want to continue ?"

Windows will now copy all the Cookies, temporary internet files to the
destination folder and log you off. Log back in for the changes to take
effect.

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"tjdarth" <tjohn1@airmail.net> wrote in message
news:o $VLVkYiFHA.1048@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
>I recently install a bigger harddrive and I now want to move the physical
>location of the systems TEMP/Temporary Internet Files from the 'My
>Documents' folders of all of my users. I went into
>System>Advanced>Environment and pointed everyone's temp files to another
>physical partition. The system accepted the changes. I now discover that I
>may have missed some other location because when I open the Documents and
>Settings>Administration>Local Settings>Temporary Internet Files I see day
>old file folders? The date on these files go back for the last several
>days. One folder "CONTENT.IE5' directory HAS SUBFILES AND FOLDERS WITH
>TODAY'S date. Can someone tell me what I missed??
> Thanks in advance . . .Tom Johnson.

Anonymous
July 20, 2005 5:59:08 PM

Thanks, it appears that I missed a user in trying to get this setup

!