solitaire maniac

Last response: in Video Games
May 12, 2004 12:24:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

http://www.smaniac.com/freeware.htm

is this one really freeware ?

More about : solitaire maniac

Anonymous
May 12, 2004 9:56:12 PM

* ProteanThread * wrote:
> http://www.smaniac.com/freeware.htm
>
> is this one really freeware ?

It is Lite-ware... 30 games for free, 400+ if you regiser. Dunno about any
nagging.
By the way, are you developping, like, Solitair fetishism?
;-)

MightyKitten
Who is more into hardcore RPG
you know:
dungeons,
dragons,
leather armour ,
whips,
ect...
;-)

--

http://fotoalbum.it-hulp.nl/
Anonymous

"MightyKitten" <MightyKitten@127.0.0.1.zap> wrote in message
> * ProteanThread * wrote:
> > http://www.smaniac.com/freeware.htm
> >
> > is this one really freeware ?
>
> It is Lite-ware... 30 games for free, 400+ if you regiser. Dunno about any
> nagging.
> By the way, are you developping, like, Solitair fetishism?
> ;-)
>
> MightyKitten
> Who is more into hardcore RPG
> you know:
> dungeons,
> dragons,
> leather armour ,
> whips,
> ect...
> ;-)
>
> --
>
> http://fotoalbum.it-hulp.nl/

I was helping a friend locate solitaire games for Windows 3.1 and decided to
post the free ones I found that worked on any system :o )
May 13, 2004 12:11:32 AM

MightyKitten wrote:

> * ProteanThread * wrote:
>
>>http://www.smaniac.com/freeware.htm
>>is this one really freeware ?
>

> It is Lite-ware... 30 games for free, 400+ if you regiser. Dunno about any
> nagging.By the way, are you developping, like, Solitair fetishism?
> ;-)
> MightyKitten

The fact that the game select window lists all the 400+ games, but only
lets you play 30, disqualifies it's as freeware in my view.

And you have not yet listed the two best freeware solitaire card game
collection (after PySol):

as-solitaire: http://home.arcor.de/amigasolitaire/e/special.html
wiz solitaire: http://tellini.info/software/wizsolitaire/

regards from vegard

--
Vegard Krog Petersen - Norway

My sites:
Solitaire MahJongg: http://home.halden.net/vkp/vkp/index.html
Chinese Checkers: http://home.no.net/vkp/index.html
Sarah Michelle Gellar Solitaire: http://home.halden.net/vkp/index.html
My fishy site (fishing games): http://home.no/vkp32/index.html
Fredrikshald Havfiskeklubb: http://www.fredrikshald-havfiske.no
May 14, 2004 12:29:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

On that special day, , ("*ProteanThread*" <rtdos hotmail com>) said...

> I was helping a friend locate solitaire games for Windows 3.1 and decided to
> post the free ones I found that worked on any system :o )

I have still some windows 3.1 card games on my hard disk, but no idea if
they are available somewhere on the net.

There is a "winsolii" (in fact a spider solitaire) from Steve Stancliff
in 1992. It has a bug that can be helpful. Get the leftmost column free
if possible, and maybe you can place there something that is *not* a
king.

I also have a very unusual three poker decks game called "Rigas" (still
a solitaire) by an Austrian, Heinrich Rückeshäuser, which I found on a
computer magazine cover disk (maybe it wasn't freeware but linked to
this mag).

There are special cases, too, games that need the win32s expansion (a
precursory kernel enhancement to the Win9x versions). The most widely
known is the Microsoft Freecell.

And then there is something called Double Deck Solitaire, which has a
layout I haven't found elsewhere, and is hard to solve, yet interesting.
It is done by Cary Lockwood.

A "Three Shuffles and a Draw" (aka Midnight Oil) game was done by Chris
Gruel. It looks similar to its name (ie ugly), and was probably already
there for Windows 3.0, but it works.

Just as old (from 1992) is a "Winspider" by John A. Jounod, which
doesn't run perfectly in Win95 screens, because an accidental click on
the border might crash it. It does no harm to the OS, though.

Another game is "Ada Towers", that was written in the ADA language, and
is a Seahabven Towers, done by Dimensional Media Systems. It was perhaps
an ad for the "newest version", that would be purchased for five bucks.
I don't know if it came on a magazine disk, or where from.

The game called "Collapse" (an eliminator) was obtained from a mag CD,
and done by Minuet Inc., incorporated by Raymond A. Pompon (what a name)
in 1994.

Another game is the one trick pony game Pyramid, that still is 537 kb in
size (because of a card bitmap). It was done by Carlos Yu (Cysoft) in
1993, as an exercise in Borland C++.

Also, I have got yet another game that is supposed to be postcardware,
"Rangoon" (we Germans call it "the ranging station", others might call
it "Gaps"), from Rudy Muller. Good layout, can be done even with the
number keys.

And then there is the full 60 games Patience Pack by Maurice Abraham
(version 6.0 done in 1994), that should cover the needs of most
solitaire gamers.

Maybe some are still available on vintage servers. I hope so, as I don't
have a homepage to upload them to, and my internet connection is an
analog modem, while some of the games have a size of > 500 kb, as
mentione above.

Gabriele Neukam

Gabriele.Spamfighter.Neukam@t-online.de

--
Ah, Information. A good, too valuable these days, to give it away, just
so, at no cost.