Audigy firewire port & DigiDesign's MBox

I'm building a Dell 8400 online & want firewire. Dell's SB Audigy
with firewire option looks like a good value. I'm going to be doing
home recording & plan on also buying DigiDesign's MBox.

I'm concerned that when ProTools starts up it could have an issue with
another 'sound device', especially since it also hosts the firewire
port. Unreasonable fear? Will the Audigy just pass through data on
the firewire port?

David

I have the audigy with firewire (but not protools).
Even without the SB drivers installed for the card
the firewire works fine. I do believe to the system
it is just like a separate firewire card.
Hope this helps.
Dave

The chipsets are independent. You can disable the Soundblaster and keep the
firewire.

But then again, XP supports more than one sound card.

Tom