Add another provider with Nextel & i60?

I just started a new job, and my Nextel
does not work there. Go two miles and it
works fine.

I am wondering if I can add another
cell provider onto my i60 and have
both Nextel and another at the same time.

Called Nextel, the said the towers will be
added into the area within 6 to 9 months.
Something about a map he was looking at
and the different colors to show what areas
had coverage and what areas will be
getting it soon.

I am tight off a major highway that borders Ohio and Pennsylvania.

Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

--
Thanks & Have a Nice Day !

Ed & Sherri Persang

MarkF

"Ed & Sherri" <ed.sherri@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<VuWdnQJLrP-bBB3dRVn-sA@comcast.com>...
> I just started a new job, and my Nextel
> does not work there. Go two miles and it
> works fine.
>
> I am wondering if I can add another
> cell provider onto my i60 and have
> both Nextel and another at the same time.
>
> Called Nextel, the said the towers will be
> added into the area within 6 to 9 months.
> Something about a map he was looking at
> and the different colors to show what areas
> had coverage and what areas will be
> getting it soon.
>
> I am tight off a major highway that borders Ohio and Pennsylvania.
>
> Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

No you can only use NEXTEL on the i60 (or any of the NEXTEL phones)
There is no way to roam or program the phone to utilize a different
carrier.

Nextel uses the v60 i'm sure you can get it unlocked and run 2 providers on
it some how.

"MarkF" <KS4VT@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> "Ed & Sherri" <ed.sherri@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > I just started a new job, and my Nextel
> > does not work there. Go two miles and it
> > works fine.
> >
> > I am wondering if I can add another
> > cell provider onto my i60 and have
> > both Nextel and another at the same time.
> >
> > Called Nextel, the said the towers will be
> > added into the area within 6 to 9 months.
> > Something about a map he was looking at
> > and the different colors to show what areas
> > had coverage and what areas will be
> > getting it soon.
> >
> > I am tight off a major highway that borders Ohio and Pennsylvania.
> >
> > Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.
>

> No you can only use NEXTEL on the i60 (or any of the NEXTEL phones)
> There is no way to roam or program the phone to utilize a different
> carrier.

i60 only works on the iden tdma smr network. Will not work on any
other carrier. Nextel does also sell the v60. It works on gsm
service. It probably could be unlocked to take other carriers but,
nextel doesn't use gsm here in the usa. It is only for international
usage. So to answer your question hold tight or ditch'um.

You may want to try one of the following: an external antenna, full
blown handsfree kit, a 1 watt r750 nextel phone, a 3-watt booster kit,
or I hate to say it but a 3 watt m370 mobile (it is installed in the
car, it doesn't support crossfleeting or internet but works like no
other nextel. great quality).

If you are on the national teamshare plans it is only $15 a month
extra to add the r750 or mobile on.