Web server running behind a dlink DI-713P

Hello.

I have a Web server behind a Dlink DI-713P but when i access its
very slow, even if a have a 2 Mbits internet fixed IP number connecction.

I use the Virtual server configuration, where i open the port 80 of
the ip number of the machine on the intranet.

I can access but its sextremely slow, even i have the 2 points
connecction with 2 Mbits and the maximun download speed is 3 kb/s...

How can i increase the response & speed of the server?
Its using the ROuting table option?

What its for a routing table? It appear a "hop" option, can anybody
explain that?

Thanks In Advance.

Gugo.

All IP devices have a routing table. The routing table tells a device what
to do to communicate with particular IP networks. It tells the device which
of the device's adapters to use to send the packet. It also tells the device
to which other IP device the packet should be sent to first, on its journey
across many devices (mostly routers).

It is possible to manually enter routes to particular networks; these are
called Static Routes. Usually, you allow the router to figure out routes
for itself, perhaps by communicating to other routers to learn what they
know; these are called Dynamic Routes. If there are two routes (paths) to
the same network, the router will prefer to use the route that is shortest.
One way to measure how short a route is, is to count the number of routers
that a packet would pass through on its way to the network; this count is
called Hops. In your situation I would leave the routing table alone.

Ron Bandes, CCNP, CTT+, etc.

"gugo" <gugo@gugo.fi> wrote in message news:409aa858$1@news...
> Hello.
>
> I have a Web server behind a Dlink DI-713P but when i access its
> very slow, even if a have a 2 Mbits internet fixed IP number connecction.
>
> I use the Virtual server configuration, where i open the port 80 of
> the ip number of the machine on the intranet.
>
> I can access but its sextremely slow, even i have the 2 points
> connecction with 2 Mbits and the maximun download speed is 3 kb/s...
>
> How can i increase the response & speed of the server?
> Its using the ROuting table option?
>
> What its for a routing table? It appear a "hop" option, can anybody
> explain that?
>
> Thanks In Advance.
>
> Gugo.

Hi,

Normally, the upload bandwidth is less (possibly 1/3) of the total
bandwidth provided to any line. Make sure you have more upload
bandwidth than download, if you are running a server.

Also, most of the times, the machine is slower than the connection,
atleast with me :) Hopefully thats not the case with you.

Nithin
----------------
www.nitboss.com

gugo <gugo@gugo.fi> wrote in message news:<409aa858$1@news>...
> Hello.
>
> I have a Web server behind a Dlink DI-713P but when i access its
> very slow, even if a have a 2 Mbits internet fixed IP number connecction.
>
> I use the Virtual server configuration, where i open the port 80 of
> the ip number of the machine on the intranet.
>
> I can access but its sextremely slow, even i have the 2 points
> connecction with 2 Mbits and the maximun download speed is 3 kb/s...
>
> How can i increase the response & speed of the server?
> Its using the ROuting table option?
>
> What its for a routing table? It appear a "hop" option, can anybody
> explain that?
>
> Thanks In Advance.
>
> Gugo.

Anybody can give ideas in how to improve the response of this web server?

Now i'm studying the posibility of put this server first (with 2 network
cards) and then the router.

Any experience on this issues?

Thanks!
ignacio.