how to redirect share document to other path??

Dear all,

How to redirect the path to "D drive" for share document and the sub-folders
like share pictures, share video, share music??

From Keith Miller:
How to redirect shared folders in Windows XP:
http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedfolders.htm

--
Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
http://windowsxp.mvps.org

"FC" <felixtmcheung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> How to redirect the path to "D drive" for share document and the
> sub-folders like share pictures, share video, share music??

Thanks, I redirect to d:/all users/documents, and the name of that folder
shows in "My Computer" changed from "Shared Documents" to "Documents". But
the name "Shared Documents" changed after redirect the path. What can I do
to rename that??

Thanks again

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org>
???????:Olf1CUciFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
> From Keith Miller:
> How to redirect shared folders in Windows XP:
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedfolders.htm
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "FC" <felixtmcheung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Dear all,
>>
>> How to redirect the path to "D drive" for share document and the
>> sub-folders like share pictures, share video, share music??

There is no workaround for that AFAIK. I've tried altering the Desktop.ini
and everthing in the past, but that does not help.

--

> Thanks, I redirect to d:/all users/documents, and the name of that folder
> shows in "My Computer" changed from "Shared Documents" to "Documents". But
> the name "Shared Documents" changed after redirect the path. What can I do
> to rename that??
>
> Thanks again
>

> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org>
> ???????:Olf1CUciFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>> From Keith Miller:
>> How to redirect shared folders in Windows XP:
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedfolders.htm
>>
>> --
>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>>

>> "FC" <felixtmcheung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> How to redirect the path to "D drive" for share document and the
>>> sub-folders like share pictures, share video, share music??

Thanks any way ramesh, u help me a lot

"Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org>
???????:OJAbAXeiFHA.2424@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> There is no workaround for that AFAIK. I've tried altering the Desktop.ini
> and everthing in the past, but that does not help.
>
> --
> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "FC" <felixtmcheung@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks, I redirect to d:/all users/documents, and the name of that folder
>> shows in "My Computer" changed from "Shared Documents" to "Documents".
>> But the name "Shared Documents" changed after redirect the path. What can
>> I do to rename that??
>>
>> Thanks again
>>

>> "Ramesh, MS-MVP" <ramesh@XOX.mvps.org>
>> ???????:Olf1CUciFHA.4000@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl...
>>> From Keith Miller:
>>> How to redirect shared folders in Windows XP:
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org/sharedfolders.htm
>>>
>>> --
>>> Ramesh, Windows XP MVP
>>> http://windowsxp.mvps.org