When I hit a particular key, a program opens. Help?

Whenever I hit a key on the keyboard, a menu pops open, a programs pops up,
or somehow 2 keys are acted as they were pressed simutanesly. For instance,
when I hit enter, Windows Media Player pops up, when I hit right shift, the
right-click menu pops up. When I hit 6 on the keypad, a 6 and a slash
appear.(\6)(\66\6\). I think somehow my keyboard has been reprogrammed
because my anti-virus expired back in January. Is there a way to fix this
problem?

"Chaos the Hedgehog" <chaoshedgehog(at)@hotmail(dot).com> wrote in message
> Whenever I hit a key on the keyboard, a menu pops open, a programs pops
> up,
> or somehow 2 keys are acted as they were pressed simutanesly. For
> instance,
> when I hit enter, Windows Media Player pops up, when I hit right shift,
> the
> right-click menu pops up. When I hit 6 on the keypad, a 6 and a slash
> appear.(\6)(\66\6\). I think somehow my keyboard has been reprogrammed
> because my anti-virus expired back in January. Is there a way to fix this
> problem?

If you suspect your antivirus what happened when you resubscribed or
installed another program?

"Alan Smith" wrote:

> "Chaos the Hedgehog" <chaoshedgehog(at)@hotmail(dot).com> wrote in message
> > Whenever I hit a key on the keyboard, a menu pops open, a programs pops
> > up,
> > or somehow 2 keys are acted as they were pressed simutanesly. For
> > instance,
> > when I hit enter, Windows Media Player pops up, when I hit right shift,
> > the
> > right-click menu pops up. When I hit 6 on the keypad, a 6 and a slash
> > appear.(\6)(\66\6\). I think somehow my keyboard has been reprogrammed
> > because my anti-virus expired back in January. Is there a way to fix this
> > problem?
>
> If you suspect your antivirus what happened when you resubscribed or
> installed another program?

After I posted this topic, I installed virusscan from AOL. I had it scan but
it could not detect anything

had this a while ago. a member of my beloved family decided to spill some
drops of coke on the kb, this went between the 3 layers of the print below
the keys. resulted in traces of copper oxide & sugar syrup. had to use
another kb later.
Helge.

"Chaos the Hedgehog" wrote:

> "Alan Smith" wrote:
>

> > "Chaos the Hedgehog" <chaoshedgehog(at)@hotmail(dot).com> wrote in message
> > > Whenever I hit a key on the keyboard, a menu pops open, a programs pops
> > > up,
> > > or somehow 2 keys are acted as they were pressed simutanesly. For
> > > instance,
> > > when I hit enter, Windows Media Player pops up, when I hit right shift,
> > > the
> > > right-click menu pops up. When I hit 6 on the keypad, a 6 and a slash
> > > appear.(\6)(\66\6\). I think somehow my keyboard has been reprogrammed
> > > because my anti-virus expired back in January. Is there a way to fix this
> > > problem?
> >
> > If you suspect your antivirus what happened when you resubscribed or
> > installed another program?
> >

> After I posted this topic, I installed virusscan from AOL. I had it scan but
> it could not detect anything

uhh, My keyboard was reprogrammed somehow. Thare arent any food or drink near
the kb or on the kb. Thanks though.