When I hit a particular key, a program opens. Help?

Whenever I hit a key on the keyboard, a menu pops open, a programs pops up,
or somehow 2 keys are acted as they were pressed simutanesly. For instance,
when I hit enter, Windows Media Player pops up, when I hit right shift, the
right-click menu pops up. When I hit 6 on the keypad, a 6 and a slash
appear.(\6)(\66\6\). I think somehow my keyboard has been reprogrammed
because my anti-virus expired back in January. Is there a way to fix this
problem?
4 answers Last reply
More about when program opens help

    "Chaos the Hedgehog" <chaoshedgehog(at)@hotmail(dot).com> wrote in message
    > Whenever I hit a key on the keyboard, a menu pops open, a programs pops
    > up,
    > or somehow 2 keys are acted as they were pressed simutanesly. For
    > instance,
    > when I hit enter, Windows Media Player pops up, when I hit right shift,
    > the
    > right-click menu pops up. When I hit 6 on the keypad, a 6 and a slash
    > appear.(\6)(\66\6\). I think somehow my keyboard has been reprogrammed
    > because my anti-virus expired back in January. Is there a way to fix this
    > problem?

    If you suspect your antivirus what happened when you resubscribed or
    installed another program?

    "Alan Smith" wrote:

    > "Chaos the Hedgehog" <chaoshedgehog(at)@hotmail(dot).com> wrote in message
    > > Whenever I hit a key on the keyboard, a menu pops open, a programs pops
    > > up,
    > > or somehow 2 keys are acted as they were pressed simutanesly. For
    > > instance,
    > > when I hit enter, Windows Media Player pops up, when I hit right shift,
    > > the
    > > right-click menu pops up. When I hit 6 on the keypad, a 6 and a slash
    > > appear.(\6)(\66\6\). I think somehow my keyboard has been reprogrammed
    > > because my anti-virus expired back in January. Is there a way to fix this
    > > problem?
    >
    > If you suspect your antivirus what happened when you resubscribed or
    > installed another program?

    After I posted this topic, I installed virusscan from AOL. I had it scan but
    it could not detect anything

    had this a while ago. a member of my beloved family decided to spill some
    drops of coke on the kb, this went between the 3 layers of the print below
    the keys. resulted in traces of copper oxide & sugar syrup. had to use
    another kb later.
    Helge.

    "Chaos the Hedgehog" wrote:

    > "Alan Smith" wrote:
    >

    > > "Chaos the Hedgehog" <chaoshedgehog(at)@hotmail(dot).com> wrote in message
    > > > Whenever I hit a key on the keyboard, a menu pops open, a programs pops
    > > > up,
    > > > or somehow 2 keys are acted as they were pressed simutanesly. For
    > > > instance,
    > > > when I hit enter, Windows Media Player pops up, when I hit right shift,
    > > > the
    > > > right-click menu pops up. When I hit 6 on the keypad, a 6 and a slash
    > > > appear.(\6)(\66\6\). I think somehow my keyboard has been reprogrammed
    > > > because my anti-virus expired back in January. Is there a way to fix this
    > > > problem?
    > >
    > > If you suspect your antivirus what happened when you resubscribed or
    > > installed another program?
    > >

    > After I posted this topic, I installed virusscan from AOL. I had it scan but
    > it could not detect anything

    uhh, My keyboard was reprogrammed somehow. Thare arent any food or drink near
    the kb or on the kb. Thanks though.

    "Helge" wrote:

    > had this a while ago. a member of my beloved family decided to spill some
    > drops of coke on the kb, this went between the 3 layers of the print below
    > the keys. resulted in traces of copper oxide & sugar syrup. had to use
    > another kb later.
    > Helge.
    >
    > "Chaos the Hedgehog" wrote:
    >

    > > "Alan Smith" wrote:
    > >

    > > > "Chaos the Hedgehog" <chaoshedgehog(at)@hotmail(dot).com> wrote in message
    > > >
    > > > If you suspect your antivirus what happened when you resubscribed or
    > > > installed another program?
    > > >

    > > After I posted this topic, I installed virusscan from AOL. I had it scan but
    > > it could not detect anything

Keyboards Windows XP