need help fixin virus please read

Last response: in Computer Brands
May 4, 2005 3:32:07 AM

i have a virus called "ddayv.dll" and i can't delete
it...............

i go into my computers and find the exact file but it says that
another person or program is using it

how do i delete it................. i have a windos xp

More about : fixin virus read

Anonymous
May 4, 2005 3:32:08 AM

asinpras wrote:

>i have a virus called "ddayv.dll" and i can't delete
>it...............
>
>i go into my computers and find the exact file but it says that
>another person or program is using it
>
>how do i delete it................. i have a windos xp

You don't mention OS, etc., but have you tried booting to Safe mode? It
may be removable there.
Anonymous
May 5, 2005 1:46:14 AM

> i have a virus called "ddayv.dll" and i can't delete
> it...............
> how do i delete it................. i have a windos xp

Try Sysclean from Trend Micro - its a full hit virus scanner, but not
designed to run permanently as a full replacement to a regular virus
checker.

I`ve got it linked from my site at http://www.coreutilities.co.uk
(second link on the page, and scroll all the way to the bottom)

May 7, 2005 9:40:24 AM

asinpras wrote:
> i have a virus called "ddayv.dll" and i can't delete
>
> i go into my computers and find the exact file but it says that
> another person or program is using it
>
> how do i delete it................. i have a windos xp

Hi, go to Start 'Run', type 'msconfig' OK, click tab 'Boot.ini',check
'Safeboot' (minimal), restart and run your anti-virus or delete the
file, then restart after going back and unchecking 'Safeboot'.

Hope this works for you!
!