need help fixin virus please read

i have a virus called "ddayv.dll" and i can't delete
it...............

i go into my computers and find the exact file but it says that
another person or program is using it

how do i delete it................. i have a windos xp
3 answers Last reply
More about need fixin virus read

    asinpras wrote:

    >i have a virus called "ddayv.dll" and i can't delete
    >it...............
    >
    >i go into my computers and find the exact file but it says that
    >another person or program is using it
    >
    >how do i delete it................. i have a windos xp

    You don't mention OS, etc., but have you tried booting to Safe mode? It
    may be removable there.

    > i have a virus called "ddayv.dll" and i can't delete
    > it...............
    > how do i delete it................. i have a windos xp

    Try Sysclean from Trend Micro - its a full hit virus scanner, but not
    designed to run permanently as a full replacement to a regular virus
    checker.

    I`ve got it linked from my site at http://www.coreutilities.co.uk
    (second link on the page, and scroll all the way to the bottom)

    asinpras wrote:
    > i have a virus called "ddayv.dll" and i can't delete
    >
    > i go into my computers and find the exact file but it says that
    > another person or program is using it
    >
    > how do i delete it................. i have a windos xp

    Hi, go to Start 'Run', type 'msconfig' OK, click tab 'Boot.ini',check
    'Safeboot' (minimal), restart and run your anti-virus or delete the
    file, then restart after going back and unchecking 'Safeboot'.

    Hope this works for you!

Dell Virus Computers