I'm going to buy a new laptop, but I don't know which should I buy.
My budget is <$900
I use laptop for PPS and online gaming like League Of Legends.
MY current laptop has serious overheating problems and I'm very #@!%# about it.
I hope my new laptop wont have this problem atleast for a 2 years or something?
I kind of like the Asus N45SL Jay chou mystic edition, but I'm afraid its not compatible for gaming.
Is it compatible for gaming?
and do you guys have any recommendations ?
I would avoid acer and hp laptops
That version of the Y580 is the 20994CU, which is not a good choice because it is one of the models that comes with the 1366x768 display and not the 1920x1080 display. You should avoid buying any model/version of the Y580 that is equipped with a 15.6" 1366x768 display and not a 15.6" 1920x1080 display.
1366x768 resolution in a 15.6" display make things onscreen large, and 15.6" displays that have 1366x768 resolution tend to be low-grade LCD panels with very poor image quality due to low contrast. You should make a point to avoid displays like this when it is reasonable to do so, unless you require the larger text for eyesight related reasons.
This is more of an issue than the other differences between various models of the Y580 as well as other laptops. A GT 650M (as opposed to the Y580's GTX 660M) is not a terrible GPU, an i5-3210M (as opposed to the Y580's i7-3630QM) is not a terrible processor, but a 15.6" 1366x768 display is a terrible display. You should be concerned with improving a display that's pretty bad before you start trying to improve upon performance that's already pretty good. If a 1920x1080-model Y580 fits in your budget, then great. But if it doesn't, then a 1366x768-model Y580 is not an alternative nor a good choice; look at other laptops.
That said, take a look at some of these: (One is HP, but you can avoid it if you have qualms about the brand)
Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 (NVIDIA GTX 660M, 15.6" 1920x1080 glossy display) - $899 + tax
- Sign up and sign in here: http://shoplenovo.i2.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/na/St... (Barnes and Noble Gold discount page)
- http://shoplenovo.i2.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/barne...: (1TB 5400RPM + 16GB SSD) - $899 + tax
- Click the green "Activate eCoupon" button in the cart.
- Avoid any models that come with the 1366x768 display and not the 1920x1080 display.1366x768 resolution in a 15.6" display make things onscreen large, and 15.6" displays that have 1366x768 resolution tend to be low-grade LCD panels with very poor image quality due to low contrast. You should make a point to avoid displays like this when it is reasonable to do so, unless you require the larger text for eyesight related reasons.
HP DV6t (NVIDIA GT 650M, 15.6" 1920x1080 display) - $749 + tax
- Saved Configuration: http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/shopping/load_configu...
- Apply coupon code NB7453
- Don't downgrade the GPU to the GT 630M or to Intel HD 4000 graphics. The GT 650M is considerably faster than either, and if one of the lower GPU options would work just as well for you then I would probably suggest getting an entirely different laptop.
- Don't downgrade the display to 1366x768. The 1366x768 display makes things onscreen large, and is a low-grade LCD panel with very poor image quality due to low contrast. The availability of the upgraded 1920x1080 display is part of why I'm recommending this laptop; I wouldn't be recommending this laptop if it didn't offer it.