information:

Date: 16/7/2005 Source: Save Dump
Time: 4:35:55 AM Category: None
Type: Information Event ID 1001
User: N/A
Computer: IBM-61A6E9774BF

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
0x1000000a (0xa6fbaf0c, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804edcd0). A dump was
saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071605-01.dmp.

I don't know how to open this dmp file, and even if I knew, I wouldn't
probably understand its contents.

Can anyone assist? Can I send the file for inspection?

Ran

--
chermesh
chermesh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=7884

Hi Ran,

Send the dump file to me at rick@mvps.org using the subject line "per req".
I'll be happy to take a look at it to see if there is any indicator as to
what the problem is.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"chermesh" <chermesh.1s9j04@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I'm runing a winxp pro (sp2) on an IBM Thinkpad T42. Lately, twice, in
> the middle of the night, when the system operated unattended, it
> rebooted with no apparent cause.
> I checked my event viewer and all I could find is the following
> information:
>
> Date: 16/7/2005 Source: Save Dump
> Time: 4:35:55 AM Category: None
> Type: Information Event ID 1001
> User: N/A
> Computer: IBM-61A6E9774BF
>
> The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
> 0x1000000a (0xa6fbaf0c, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804edcd0). A dump was
> saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071605-01.dmp.

> I don't know how to open this dmp file, and even if I knew, I wouldn't
> probably understand its contents.
>
> Can anyone assist? Can I send the file for inspection?
>
> Ran
>

> --
> chermesh
> chermesh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=7884
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=325480
> Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-171.html
> | http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-170.html |
> http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-169.html |
> http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-168.html |
> http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-167.html

I just had the exact same Blue Screen Memory Dump error. If you can detect
what is in the file, can you reply to me also? I lost a 512MB RAM chip and
can't even get my motherboard to recognize it if it is even fried! Does XP
automatically set my RAM and slots to operate? I can't even boot up with F8,
or to Safe Mode. Please help ASAP!
--
NeoRulzu

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi Ran,
>
> Send the dump file to me at rick@mvps.org using the subject line "per req".
> I'll be happy to take a look at it to see if there is any indicator as to
> what the problem is.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "chermesh" <chermesh.1s9j04@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I'm runing a winxp pro (sp2) on an IBM Thinkpad T42. Lately, twice, in
> > the middle of the night, when the system operated unattended, it
> > rebooted with no apparent cause.
> > I checked my event viewer and all I could find is the following
> > information:
> >
> > Date: 16/7/2005 Source: Save Dump
> > Time: 4:35:55 AM Category: None
> > Type: Information Event ID 1001
> > User: N/A
> > Computer: IBM-61A6E9774BF
> >
> > The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
> > 0x1000000a (0xa6fbaf0c, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804edcd0). A dump was
> > saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071605-01.dmp.

> > I don't know how to open this dmp file, and even if I knew, I wouldn't
> > probably understand its contents.
> >
> > Can anyone assist? Can I send the file for inspection?
> >
> > Ran
> >

> > --
> > chermesh
> > chermesh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=7884
> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=325480
> > Visit - http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-171.html
> > | http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-170.html |
> > http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-169.html |
> > http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-168.html |
> > http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-167.html

Hi,

You can send the file, same conditions.

> I lost a 512MB RAM chip and can't even get my motherboard to recognize it
> if it is even fried! Does XP
> automatically set my RAM and slots to operate?

No, the system BIOS does that.

> I can't even boot up with F8, or to Safe Mode. Please help ASAP!

You may need to create a parallel installation. Details of the actual error
message would help.

--

"NeoRulzu" <NeoRulzu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I just had the exact same Blue Screen Memory Dump error. If you can detect
> what is in the file, can you reply to me also? I lost a 512MB RAM chip and
> can't even get my motherboard to recognize it if it is even fried! Does XP
> automatically set my RAM and slots to operate? I can't even boot up with
> F8,
> or to Safe Mode. Please help ASAP!
> --
> NeoRulzu
>

> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi Ran,
>>
>> Send the dump file to me at rick@mvps.org using the subject line "per
>> req".
>> I'll be happy to take a look at it to see if there is any indicator as to
>> what the problem is.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "chermesh" <chermesh.1s9j04@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > I'm runing a winxp pro (sp2) on an IBM Thinkpad T42. Lately, twice, in
>> > the middle of the night, when the system operated unattended, it
>> > rebooted with no apparent cause.
>> > I checked my event viewer and all I could find is the following
>> > information:
>> >
>> > Date: 16/7/2005 Source: Save Dump
>> > Time: 4:35:55 AM Category: None
>> > Type: Information Event ID 1001
>> > User: N/A
>> > Computer: IBM-61A6E9774BF
>> >
>> > The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was:
>> > 0x1000000a (0xa6fbaf0c, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804edcd0). A dump was
>> > saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini071605-01.dmp.
>> >
>> > For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>> > http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.
>> >
>> > I don't know how to open this dmp file, and even if I knew, I wouldn't
>> > probably understand its contents.
>> >
>> > Can anyone assist? Can I send the file for inspection?
>> >
>> > Ran
>> >

>> > --
>> > chermesh
>> > chermesh's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=7884
>> > View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=325480
>> > Visit -
>> > http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-171.html
>> > | http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-170.html |
>> > http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-169.html |
>> > http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-168.html |
>> > http://forums.techarena.in/archive/index.php/f-129-p--p-167.html

I had input from another newgroup member who gave me the information I needed
to repair the error! It turned out to be my own poor maintenance and
neglecting my inside hardware devices that caused my system Memory Dump and
fried RAM chip! One of my cooling fans had stopped while the RAM chip was in
high volume memory operation which fried the chip. I have never had this
happen to me and it will cost me to repair. However, at least a lesson
learned will prevent me from having this occur again! At least I now have to
upgrade my PC and further monitor my settings and keep my maintenance up to
where it should be! Thanks for the offer and feel good about knowing that the
dust collected on the fan blades caused the fatal error which ended up frying
my RAM chip and educating me once again to the computer world we live in!
--
NeoRulzu

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You can send the file, same conditions.
>
> > I lost a 512MB RAM chip and can't even get my motherboard to recognize it
> > if it is even fried! Does XP
> > automatically set my RAM and slots to operate?
>
> No, the system BIOS does that.
>
> > I can't even boot up with F8, or to Safe Mode. Please help ASAP!
>
> You may need to create a parallel installation. Details of the actual error
> message would help.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "NeoRulzu" <NeoRulzu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just had the exact same Blue Screen Memory Dump error. If you can detect
> > what is in the file, can you reply to me also? I lost a 512MB RAM chip and
> > can't even get my motherboard to recognize it if it is even fried! Does XP
> > automatically set my RAM and slots to operate? I can't even boot up with
> > F8,
> > or to Safe Mode. Please help ASAP!
> > --
> > NeoRulzu
> >

> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Ran,
> >>
> >> Send the dump file to me at rick@mvps.org using the subject line "per
> >> req".
> >> I'll be happy to take a look at it to see if there is any indicator as to
> >> what the problem is.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >>
> >> "chermesh" <chermesh.1s9j04@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

I just got the same problem. Please help!

Read my above message to the group! I was also contacted by Microsoft on this
error messag and they say it is because of an invalid or out of date driver
for this 3rd party device. I was instructed to repair the Windows XP by first
accepting the full install option, which XP then recognizes the current
version and then opts to Repair the installation with the CD-ROM disk. If
this fails, then the next option is to install a new version in a folder and
not on the same partition. I believe that XP is and does have flaws. I can't
believe that my RAM chip fried as yet and will attempt the re-install and/or
repair option before I remove the chip and replace it. It seems as though all
my time is being wasted on issues that Microsoft is allowing us users to
discover for them! ....AND REPAIR THEM TOO!
--
NeoRulzu