Upgrade from Windows XP Home to Professional

Hello,

I have a question:
I am using Windows XP Home edition. I want to use IIS and Windows XP Home
edition does not include IIS. Therefore, I'm trying to upgrade from XP home
edition to XP Professional. I have tried running the setup.exe from the
Windows Professional CD but it gives an "error: 70077, paramater
authorization failure" and I don't know why.

All I really need to know is what should I do now to upgrade from XP home
edition to XP professional? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sur
2 answers Last reply
More about upgrade windows home professional

    Hi,

    You would run the winnt32.exe file in the I386 folder from the disk to start
    setup from within the GUI. Run winnt.exe if you are booting from a floppy
    and running setup from there.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "Sur" <Sur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I have a question:
    > I am using Windows XP Home edition. I want to use IIS and Windows XP Home
    > edition does not include IIS. Therefore, I'm trying to upgrade from XP
    > home
    > edition to XP Professional. I have tried running the setup.exe from the
    > Windows Professional CD but it gives an "error: 70077, paramater
    > authorization failure" and I don't know why.
    >
    > All I really need to know is what should I do now to upgrade from XP home
    > edition to XP professional? Any help is appreciated.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Sur

    Several possibilities. Are you using setup.exe. from command line within
    windows or selecting setup from CD proper?
    If CD is upgrade and not auto start then setup should run from CD. If not
    upgrade CD but "Full install" or "Clean install" set bios to boot from CD.
    Error 70077 "parameter authorization failure" usually refers, concerning
    downloads, to "host location not specified" - mean indicate no location for
    the installation specified (my guess). Advice by Rick is sound.

    AL(KB3U) & Darlene Romanosky N. Ft.
    Myers, FL

Support Microsoft IIS Windows XP