winlogin.exe error

July 16, 2005 10:31:02 AM

Get this message on boot. Have McAfee installed and current. Ran search an
did not find. Please tell me how to get rid of this.

Thanks, Sue

More about : winlogin exe error

Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:46:31 PM

FrankS,
The process "winlogon.exe" runs in the background. It's a part of the
Windows Login subsystem. Winlogon is necessary for user authorization
and checks the Windows XP activation code.

Note: The winlogon.exe file is located in the c:\windows\System32
folder. In other cases, winlogon.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or
worm.
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

July 16, 2005 1:53:49 PM

Mcafee's not doing its job very well, winlogin.exe is the Randex virus:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data...

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/