winlogin.exe error

Get this message on boot. Have McAfee installed and current. Ran search an
did not find. Please tell me how to get rid of this.

Thanks, Sue
2 answers Last reply
More about winlogin error

    FrankS,
    The process "winlogon.exe" runs in the background. It's a part of the
    Windows Login subsystem. Winlogon is necessary for user authorization
    and checks the Windows XP activation code.

    Note: The winlogon.exe file is located in the c:\windows\System32
    folder. In other cases, winlogon.exe is a virus, spyware, trojan or
    worm.
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Mcafee's not doing its job very well, winlogin.exe is the Randex virus:
    http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.randex.e.html

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "FrankS" <FrankS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Get this message on boot. Have McAfee installed and current. Ran search an
    > did not find. Please tell me how to get rid of this.
    >
    > Thanks, Sue

Support Microsoft Windows XP