Downloading files on the internet

When I try to download files or an application on the internet a box appears
and says open or save, I click open to view and an error appears and says
Invalid Menu Handle
Documents&Settings\Sony user\Local settings\temporary internet
files\content.IE5\8RW7MFO7\SS-5 (i) pdf
3 answers Last reply
More about downloading files internet

    mom of 3,
    Just a guess, but do you have Adobe Reader installed? It looks like
    your trying to open a .pdf file, this uses Adobe Reader. If you do have
    the reader installed, it may be corrupted. Uninstall the old version (if
    applicable) and install the latest version from here;
    'Adobe Reader' (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)
    Best,
    Treeman

    --
    Treeman

    Hi,

    Control Panel/Internet Options/General tab, click the button to "delete
    files" and clear the Temporary Internet files, they are clogged and/or
    corrupted.

    --
    Best of Luck,

    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
    www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
    Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

    "mom of 3" <mom of 3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to download files or an application on the internet a box
    > appears
    > and says open or save, I click open to view and an error appears and says
    > Invalid Menu Handle
    > Documents&Settings\Sony user\Local settings\temporary internet
    > files\content.IE5\8RW7MFO7\SS-5 (i) pdf

    "mom of 3" <mom of 3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When I try to download files or an application on the internet a box
    > appears
    > and says open or save, I click open to view and an error appears and says
    > Invalid Menu Handle
    > Documents&Settings\Sony user\Local settings\temporary internet
    > files\content.IE5\8RW7MFO7\SS-5 (i) pdf

    You can't view a binary file. Save it.

Support Microsoft Internet Windows XP