Downloading files on the internet

July 16, 2005 10:36:02 AM

When I try to download files or an application on the internet a box appears
and says open or save, I click open to view and an error appears and says
Invalid Menu Handle
Documents&Settings\Sony user\Local settings\temporary internet
files\content.IE5\8RW7MFO7\SS-5 (i) pdf
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 1:37:18 PM

mom of 3,
Just a guess, but do you have Adobe Reader installed? It looks like
your trying to open a .pdf file, this uses Adobe Reader. If you do have
the reader installed, it may be corrupted. Uninstall the old version (if
applicable) and install the latest version from here;
'Adobe Reader' (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)
Best,
Treeman

--
Treeman

July 16, 2005 1:52:52 PM

Hi,

Control Panel/Internet Options/General tab, click the button to "delete
files" and clear the Temporary Internet files, they are clogged and/or
corrupted.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"mom of 3" <mom of 3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 975C656-3E85-4C43-AE10-58D20B0E0DF7@microsoft.com...
> When I try to download files or an application on the internet a box
> appears
> and says open or save, I click open to view and an error appears and says
> Invalid Menu Handle
> Documents&Settings\Sony user\Local settings\temporary internet
> files\content.IE5\8RW7MFO7\SS-5 (i) pdf
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 1:54:42 PM

"mom of 3" <mom of 3@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D 975C656-3E85-4C43-AE10-58D20B0E0DF7@microsoft.com...
> When I try to download files or an application on the internet a box
> appears
> and says open or save, I click open to view and an error appears and says
> Invalid Menu Handle
> Documents&Settings\Sony user\Local settings\temporary internet
> files\content.IE5\8RW7MFO7\SS-5 (i) pdf

You can't view a binary file. Save it.
!