Binary Solitaire

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

http://ourworld.cs.com/manyclarks/binary_sol.html

Here is an interesting way for students to get familiar with binary numbers.
I wrote this program as a learning experience, with the thought of using it
at the science museum where I worked. Didn't have occasion to include in any
exhibits yet. It is played like the familiar seven-stack solitaire game, but
has binary numbers on the cards from 0000 to 1010, (1 to 10 decimal). I've
made this downloadable.

--

Woodzy
http://rtdos.com/forum

giovedì 13/mag/2004 _*ProteanThread*_ ha scritto:

> http://ourworld.cs.com/manyclarks/binary_sol.html
>
> Here is an interesting way for students to get familiar with binary numbers.
> I wrote this program as a learning experience, with the thought of using it
> at the science museum where I worked. Didn't have occasion to include in any
> exhibits yet. It is played like the familiar seven-stack solitaire game, but
> has binary numbers on the cards from 0000 to 1010, (1 to 10 decimal). I've
> made this downloadable.

Thank you: I've enjoyed it!
--
Maria Luisa C - 13/05/04 14.25.02, here.
http://fido.altervista.org/index.php

"MLC" <maluc52@yahoo.it> wrote in message
> giovedì 13/mag/2004 _*ProteanThread*_ ha scritto:
>
> > http://ourworld.cs.com/manyclarks/binary_sol.html
> >
> > Here is an interesting way for students to get familiar with binary
numbers.
> > I wrote this program as a learning experience, with the thought of using
it
> > at the science museum where I worked. Didn't have occasion to include in
any
> > exhibits yet. It is played like the familiar seven-stack solitaire game,
but
> > has binary numbers on the cards from 0000 to 1010, (1 to 10 decimal).
I've
> > made this downloadable.
>
> Thank you: I've enjoyed it!
> --
> Maria Luisa C - 13/05/04 14.25.02, here.
> http://fido.altervista.org/index.php

um, I didn't write the program, I copy / paste the description frm the home
page. (sorry, I should've mentioned that)

Archived from groups: alt.comp.freeware,alt.comp.freeware.games (More info?)

giovedì 13/mag/2004 _*ProteanThread*_ ha scritto:

> um, I didn't write the program, I copy / paste the description frm the home
> page. (sorry, I should've mentioned that)

never mind: I've enjoyed it alike ;)
--
Maria Luisa C - 13/05/04 16.12.47, here.

*ProteanThread* said the following on 5/12/2004 8:40 PM:
> http://ourworld.cs.com/manyclarks/binary_sol.html
>

> Here is an interesting way for students to get familiar with binary numbers.
> I wrote this program as a learning experience, with the thought of using it
> at the science museum where I worked. Didn't have occasion to include in any
> exhibits yet. It is played like the familiar seven-stack solitaire game, but
> has binary numbers on the cards from 0000 to 1010, (1 to 10 decimal). I've
> made this downloadable.

Now we need a hex solitare program for web designers in-training. :)

--
Trey
http://www.freesoftwarereviews.com

Trey Hunner wrote:

> Now we need a hex solitare program for web designers in-training. :)
>
> --
> Trey
> http://www.freesoftwarereviews.com
> contact me: trey [AT] freesoftwarereviews [D0T] com
> Linux Registered User #348724

Think how crazy Octal would be :eek:)