when defraging your computor should it be off line or on line
--
Sallieann

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

Doesn't really mattter, either one.
--
Don Kendrick

"Sallieann" wrote:

> when defraging your computor should it be off line or on line
> --
> Sallieann

Thank you so much I"ve heard you can do it either way which is best

--
Sallieann

"Unrepper" wrote:

> Doesn't really mattter, either one.
> --
> Don Kendrick
>

> "Sallieann" wrote:
>
> > when defraging your computor should it be off line or on line
> > --
> > Sallieann

unrepper

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

I like to make sure I have everything closed - no open application software
no open files nothing like that. It makes the process faster.
--
Don Kendrick

"Sallieann" wrote:

> when defraging your computor should it be off line or on line
> --
> Sallieann

On this date, =?Utf-8?B?U2FsbGllYW5u?= extended this wisdom for
the consideration of other readers...

> when defraging your computor should it be off line or on line

Just make sure nothing is going to try to write to that drive
while the defrag is in process, such as a screen saver, an
automatic update, E-mail, whatever. That shouldn't cause a
failure but will likely cause the defrag to start over, wasting
a lot of time.

--
ATM, aka Jerry

I defragment in safe mode. I guess the automatic software will
defragment even when the system is running.

--
ppcc