the local security policy of this system does not allow yo..

a b 8 Security
July 16, 2005 1:45:05 PM

I get the error message "the local security policy of this system does not
allow you to logon interactively". I am running xp home edition. This just
started happening. I am unable to logon as administrator in safe mode either
(get the same error message). Passwords are correct (they are blank) and
that has been verified. Is there any way to change the security settings or
fix this problem, given that I am so far unable to logon? This is a stand
alone computer.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 17, 2005 2:38:51 PM

adaware error Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe:
http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html

--
Mark L. Ferguson
"jlibler" <jlibler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2731F611-9066-4DBC-9200-215F3FE726B9@microsoft.com...
>I get the error message "the local security policy of this system does not
> allow you to logon interactively". I am running xp home edition. This just
> started happening. I am unable to logon as administrator in safe mode either
> (get the same error message). Passwords are correct (they are blank) and
> that has been verified. Is there any way to change the security settings or
> fix this problem, given that I am so far unable to logon? This is a stand
> alone computer.
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
July 17, 2005 11:16:02 PM

Thanks for the idea. I followed the steps,however that didn't work.
Evidently it isn't the wsaupdater.exe Now I am stuck again. I do have my
xp operating cd and can get to recovery console. Any ideas?

"Mark L. Ferguson" wrote:

> adaware error Unable to Log On To Windows XP After Removing wsaupdater.exe:
> http://www.lavasofthelp.com/articles/v6/04/06/0901.html
>
> --
> Mark L. Ferguson
> "jlibler" <jlibler@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2731F611-9066-4DBC-9200-215F3FE726B9@microsoft.com...
> >I get the error message "the local security policy of this system does not
> > allow you to logon interactively". I am running xp home edition. This just
> > started happening. I am unable to logon as administrator in safe mode either
> > (get the same error message). Passwords are correct (they are blank) and
> > that has been verified. Is there any way to change the security settings or
> > fix this problem, given that I am so far unable to logon? This is a stand
> > alone computer.

July 18, 2005 2:28:09 AM

Have a look here..
http://david.fallingrock.net/2004/02/16/windows-xp-remo...