Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

HELP! HP Pavilion Pentium 4 with probs recognizing audio c..

Tags:
  • Computers
  • HP Pavilion
  • Windows XP
July 16, 2005 9:14:29 PM

I am helping a freind of mine with her HP Pavilion Pentium 4 computer.
She needed to cpmpletely nuke the hard drive and start over because of
some things she had running (probs with trojan horses that got WAY out
of hand, we decided it would be easier to reinstall) Soooooooooo. . .
we did that yesterday. She doesn't have ANY of the documentation that
came with her computer, no other software. So of course I brought all
my stuff, no problem, right? Wrong!!

We format the hard drive, reinstall Windows XP Service Pack 2 (which I
have on my computer, have NEVER had a prob with it ever) and it wont
recognize her sound card! We ran device driver to see what was going
on, and it's shoing an error with her audio controller. She has no idea
what kind of audio anything she has. . . .sad.gif How do you get the
computer to see it then? Do I need to reinstall it again??

Lastly, her video driver for some reason is acting snarky. No errors
with it, regonaizes the device, etc. BUT, when you go iinto Settings
(fromt he desktop, right click) to change the video settings to
whatever from what it started out as, it wont budge. I know for a fact
the video was set to like 32 bit, it wont change from 4 bit though. So
fro some reason it wont regonize that it should be higher. Any
suggestions???

UGH. . . .if anyone has ANY suggestions. . . . .bring 'em on! I am
stumped!

Last night, armed with the computer model number: *HP Pavilion a250n,*
we went online to find audio drivers for HP to see if she could get it
to work, and there were TONS of drivers, none with the title anywhere
near the computer model, as she still has the original stuff her HP
came with.

--
jenniferma95

More about : pavilion pentium probs recognizing audio

July 16, 2005 9:14:30 PM

Try running everest home edition. you can get a program rundown and screen
shot from the file forums at www.betanews.com
--
Don Kendrick