Mp3 or WMa files play with vocals muted

Hello,
whenever I playback mp3 or wma files I get the the music playing
okay but the vocals are either muted or muted with a lot of echo. It seems
like a software preference choice eg bathroom or hall setting or maybe a
karoke type setting but I can't find out where it as been applied. How do I
get my players to play the files in a standard manner?
Help greatly appreciated

What sound card are you using?

Now Playing: "Sleeping Giants" by "Player King" in WMP10.